24 3/4" Conversion Neck On 24 3/4" Scale Body

animator

I plan on building an Explorer guitar using a Gibson Template. I'd like to use a Warmoth 24 3/4" conversion neck and am wondering what I'll have to do to make it work on a 24 3/4" scale body. Am I correct that all I will have to do is move the bridge post holes away from the neck to make it a 25 1/2" scale body? I have a Warmoth 25 1/2" scale neck for another guitar. Should I bolt that onto the Explorer body to determine where the bridge goes? Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Thanks.

as long as it's a warmoth neck, the bridge should be in the same place. They made sure to make their different scale length necks able to work with the same bodies. go ahead and make your measurements with the neck you have and it'll be fine.

rockskate4x said:
as long as it's a warmoth neck, the bridge should be in the same place.

Thanks for the reply rockskate. The thing I was worried about is the Gibson Explorer template I plan on using. If I drill the holes for the bridge going by the template, then the body will be set up for a 24 3/4" neck scale. That will be fine for normal 24 3/4" scale necks but with Warmoth's conversion necks the bridge will be too close to the neck won't it? I assume the template won't be good for the bridge location and I assume I will have to move the bridge away from the neck as if it were a Strat in order for the conversion neck to work correctly.

Would another option be to just bolt on the conversion neck and measure off 24 3/4" for the bridge?

Back