24", 24 fret guitar

Hurn Vrondt

Does anybody know if there is a 24", 24 fret guitar out there? I can't find that specific combo anywhere.

If you mean a 24 inch scale with 24 frets, I'd guess that will definitely be a custom order build.

Would you be interested in something a big different? Ibanez makes the Paul Gilbert Mikro which has a 22.2 inch scale length with 24 frets.

Thanks. I suspected that I may have been dreaming the impossible dream.  I've seen the Micro which looks like a fun, little rocker.

Yes! Thanks.

My next build will be a Velocity bod with a 24" inch scale. 22 frets generally gets the job done, so a Mustang neck would be a decent option. But, if 24 frets can be done then perhaps one of the numerous pro luthiers in my area could make a 24/24 neck.

Great find and thanks again.

Just so you know, the Velocity isn't designed to accept a 24" scale neck. Warmoth makes "conversion" necks that will let you use either the 24.75" scale or the 25.50" scale, but the 24" necks will only work with Mustang, Jaguar, and 7/8 scale bodies. However, if you wanted to, you could order the body without the bridge route or pickup cavities, and place those holes yourself to suit that scale.

I was also going to say The Red Special. Which is a guitar you can buy and the only one out there that is 24" scale and 24 frets. Unless you decide to custom order and get something built from scratch by a luthier. Trust me, I know. I've done the search when looking for a pro 24" scale guitar (ie something that's not Fender).
And that's how I finally found Warmoth. Their 7/8 Strat, 7/8 Tele, Mustang, Jaguar and their Jagstang are the only five models that accepts their 24" scale Mustang neck directly without modification. It's 22 frets but better than any other 24" scale out there (and they are very few to begin with).

Except the Pro Red Special. But ... it's almost £3000!

BMG%20Super%20-%20Content.jpg

[EDIT 2018-03-27]

-However, if you wanted to, you could order the body without the bridge route or pickup cavities,
and place those holes yourself to suit that scale

Yep, that's the idea. A curvy hunk o' wood with a good,square neck pocket, the comfort contours plus a snot-ton of my own super-finicky mods. I'm looking to make a truly bespoke instrument and it looks like the Velocity is the best platform for my ideas in the Warmoth line.

Logrinn's 7/8th Strat with the Mustang neck is actually one of the inspirations for my proposed project. I have a 7/8th Warmoth Super Strat with the 24.75" neck and it is simply the best instrument I've laid hands on in my 35 years of hands-laying-onning. In fact 2/3rds of my guits are Warmoths with the Gibson scale,  the 3rd being a  U.S. Fender Strat with a Warmoth 24.75" neck. I'm a small-handed lad, so the shorter scales are a more comfortable fit. I've plaid 24" necks and they seem like the superior choice for me and I'll probably never go off-the-rack again. Once you've had the really good stuff it's hard to go back.

Thanks for the input guys!

Back