21 Fret Option for "Pro" Series Fender necks!

MFTech

I thought for sure Warmoth would make this an option by now for the flagship "Pro" neck... I prefer the vintage look & easy access under the pickguard with a 21-fret neck...  Seems like a relatively easy option to implement.    Several times I've pulled the 22nd fret, filled the slot, & trimmed off the overhang.    Would gladly pay extra for the option.

I'm big for the vintage look too.  I have a guitar with 22 frets and to be honest I don't think I've ever used the 22nd fret.  I wanted to get a pro for the guitar I'm working on right now but I also wanted to keep it looking like a real thinline so I went with the total vintage.  If you really need a 22nd fret, just bend the 21st.

but then, if you have a 22nd fret, you can bend it and it'll be just like you have 23 frets!  :laughing11: or, if you have 23 frets, it will be just like a full 2 octaves, by bending on the 23rd fret.  :laughing3: but, then ,why would any guitar companies make 24 fret guitars? :icon_scratch: why would you need the 25th fret note?  lol

Music Man 91 said:
but then, if you have a 22nd fret, you can bend it and it'll be just like you have 23 frets!  :laughing11: or, if you have 23 frets, it will be just like a full 2 octaves, by bending on the 23rd fret.  :laughing3:but, then ,why would any guitar companies make 24 fret guitars? :icon_scratch: why would you need the 25th fret note?  lol
You can get the 24th note in a 22th fret neck... If you play hard, you probably can even in a 21th, too...

I can bend a 21 to the 24th with light strings but I rarely have occasion to do so.  It's much easier to use the harmonic.

i know, i was just kidding. i wanted to show the interresting logic that went inot why you don't need 22 frets. personally, i could get by with 20. i use the harmonics more than i think i do.

Some times when I get really crazy, I just kind of run out of frets and laugh.  I would kind of hate myself though if I went the Uli Jon Roth route, with his freaky "Sky Guitar" with it's sixty frets or whatever...I like the limitations of my instruments, they make me think...

Back