21 & 22 fret Baritone Neck option

Volitions Advocate

I am going to convert an old Warmoth LP body to baritone, but 24 frets are the only option.  I understand the need for the fretboard to cover the body for a body originally designed for a shorter scale, (that seems to have been covered in a suggestion from 2013) but I don't need all 24 frets, so the reason for the overlap doesn't bother me, but I need a neck pickup on my guitar more than I need 2 more frets.

Is it possible to get a baritone made with only 21 or 22 frets?  Is this something I could call in to ask for rather than order off the website?

Thanks.

MMhh, don't know ...
Sounds like a call to the mothership is in order. 

The baritone necks don't interfere with a having a neck pickup, I don't think they go any further over the body than a normal neck. They extend in the other direction, making the neck longer.

ragamuffin said:
The baritone necks don't interfere with a having a neck pickup, I don't think they go any further over the body than a normal neck. They extend in the other direction, making the neck longer.

Correct.

The Aaron said:
ragamuffin said:
Correct.

Ah. So I'm good to go then.  Sorry for the mis-post.  I've been looking all day for this thread wondering where the heck it went.

Ah. So I'm good to go then.  Sorry for the mis-post.  I've been looking all day for this thread wondering where the heck it went. [/quote]

No worries!

Back