2009 GUITAR OF THE YEAR WINNER

Woo Hoo!
Great guitar!

And yeah, thanks to the W for making it a featured link! First class all the way.  :hello2:

It is a beauty.. and I'm proud to say I've not only held, but played this guitar!

GOOD ON YA MARKO!  :headbang:

cheers again y'all!!
and I am very excited about my guitar on top of the page! thanks!

Congrats Marko!!!   

I'm probably not the only one here who in their long list of guitars they want to build have "marko's VIP"  on that list. :)

Specs of the VIP??

Hollow Warmoth VIP body made out of Black Korina
Cream binding
Tobacco Burst Finish by Warmoth
Raw Rosewood Neck
Standard thin, 1-3/4" nut width
Macasar Ebony Fingerboard
SS6105 Stainless Steel frets
Planet Wave Auto Trim Tuners
Rio Grande BBQ & Texas Humbuckers

stratmay13th027.jpg

stratmay13th029.jpg

JJ22-06-08023.jpg

JJ22-06-08025.jpg

Marko...I guess I keep staring at your guitar. 

I just realized you are not wrapping the strings on the Gotoh.  Is that working ok for you???

good eye... no, that was the way the guitar tech set it up. I fixed it about a day after the picture :)

Marko said:
good eye... no, that was the way the guitar tech set it up. I fixed it about a day after the picture :)

A little scary...no?

I do love the brigde...but always worry about jabbing my string into the finish when re-stringing.  I now use a wood toothpick with help "guide the string out to safety.... :icon_biggrin:

dmraco said:
Marko...I guess I keep staring at your guitar. 

I just realized you are not wrapping the strings on the Gotoh.  Is that working ok for you???
Out of curiosity, what impact does that have?

not sure, the thing that annoyed me was that it wasn't comfortable to rest my palm on the bridge, because of the sharp bits around the ball-end area...(huh??? what?? not sure what that part of the string is called :))

I'm a bit late on this one, but Congrats! That's always been my Fav guitar on the forum.  Congrats on the Warmoth guys too for providing such wonderful materials!

Back