2 Tek Bridge! Where to ground?

garytlove

I bought a roasted alder 2 tek routed Jazzmaster body, when I saw that 2 tek bridges were actually back in stock.  I have the body prepped for install, but I am wondering if anyone has a recommended way of grounding the bridge. In the install instructions it says that it needs to be grounded.  It doesn't say where/how. Should I just wrap a ground wire around one of the screws?  Should I attempt to solder to the thin rim on the bridge?  Ideas?

Run a wire from the control cavity through the back and secure it to one of the four screws on the back.

I should have taken a photo from a (just buttoned up) build.  For posterity:

I used a piece of adhesive copper foil to which I soldered a piece of grounding wire.  This stayed in the neck-facing side of the 2TEK rout, and I folded the foil along the edge of the back rout that's covered by the six mounting screws.  Good contact with the 2TEK bridge when installed, invisible from the outside, and maintans a flat clean edge for the large-but-flat contact of the bridge.

Soldering to the copper foil is assisted by sanding off the oxides from the surface or aggressive flux. 

In my case, it was easier to drill two short-and-shallow holes for the ground wire: (A) from the bridge pickup rout back to the 2TEK cavity, then (B) a second/wider hole from the bridge pickup to the control cavity.  The 2TEK to control cavity straight shot was going to require a drill diameter to length ratio that didn't inspire confidence...

I have wired many guitars, but the Jazzmaster is stumping me, and I am wiring a left-handed Jazzmaster.

No, sir, all stock Jazzmaster trem and setup. I am on my second wiring kit, trying to figure out which wiring diagram is correct and then trying to mirror it for a lefthanded guitar.

But you have a thread on that, and @Logrinn provided a diagram for that. If you are not using a 2Tek bridge posting in a thread 2 years old about something else is better avoided.

Back