12 String Tune-o-matic?

GuitarEC

I've been seeing some 12 string Tune-O-Matic bridges out there (and the dimensions look to match Warmoth's routing standard).  Any possible way to get 12 sting holes routed thru the body to accommodate such a bridge?

Just curious,

Eric "GuitarEC"

Okay, I've seen a few people look at this thread, but no responses.  I'm guessing that it would be easier to illustrate what I mean, so I found a link to a 12 string electric on sale (a cheap-o guitar, but I think it will make my point as to what I'm asking).

wpmaxwell_2011_3069530

That's what I mean when I ask if Warmoth can make a 12 string thru body...

Any thoughts?

Eric "GuiatrEC"

looks like a standard tuno to me with two notches in each sadle. dont know if that would intonate properly.

Brian

GuitarEC said:
I've been seeing some 12 string Tune-O-Matic bridges out there (and the dimensions look to match Warmoth's routing standard).  Any possible way to get 12 sting holes routed thru the body to accommodate such a bridge?

Just curious,

Eric "GuitarEC"
I've pondered the same thing, lots of 12 string tune-o-matic makers. "Cept I want to do mine as a doubleneck tele 6/12...

Or even a 12 string soloist would be bad ass... :laughing7:

I have no idea how 12 strings work.

I'm guessing you use 2 sets of the same string on it and the low E's are tuned the same?

If you want to see a crazier bridge, check out the Yamaha 9 string SGB (i Thinks thats the name)

Wana_make_a_guitar said:

I'm guessing you use 2 sets of the same string on it and the low E's are tuned the same?

not quite - check out the gauges on these sets of strings: http://www.elderly.com/accessories/cats/STGT.html

Since TOM bridges need to be filed for your individual application, it would probably be easy to get your local tech/luthier to perform that function.  Regarding the drilling for a string-thru 12 string body, just call Warmoth and ask.  Alternatively, PM Gregg or Wyliee.

Wana_make_a_guitar said:

The B and E strings are the same gauge and are tuned the same, the others (E A D G) have a thin and thick string and are tuned an octave apart.

I'll never pass up a cheap excuse to show one of my girls off...
:)

1122914526.jpg

It's a Veillette with a lot of custom features.

http://www.veilletteguitars.com/

It's become my favorite guitar of all time, with the exception of string changing time.

RLW said:
It's a Veillette with a lot of custom features.

http://www.veilletteguitars.com/

It's become my favorite guitar of all time, with the exception of string changing time.
Beautiful sounding guitars, I especially like the baritone 12 string.... :icon_thumright:

Allparts has the bridge you're looking for...assuming you're still looking.  ABM 2412-G is the gold version.

Welcome to the board Zanary.
The last post on this thread was nearly 3 years ago, so the likelihood of it still being sought after is extremely low.
There's no excuse for gold hardware, even if it's the only thing you can find.

I love gold hardware, and have no problem with it. But, some people do. I have a buddy whose sweat could defeat the armor on an M1 Abrams tank. Needless to say, he can't have gold hardware. The plating is only a few molecules thick on guitar parts, and someone like him can dissolve it in no time flat. At that point, it looks like shit, unless you're one of those "relic" guys who likes that sort of thing.

Alien+5+by+Ridley+Scott+after+Predators.jpg

Let ME play your guitar! Muahahaha!

Cagey said:
I love gold hardware, and have no problem with it. But, some people do. I have a buddy whose sweat could defeat the armor on an M1 Abrams tank. Needless to say, he can't have gold hardware. The plating is only a few molecules thick on guitar parts, and someone like him can dissolve it in no time flat. At that point, it looks like shite, unless you're one of those "relic" guys who likes that sort of thing.

Alien+5+by+Ridley+Scott+after+Predators.jpg

Let ME play your guitar! Muahahaha!
My youngest brother is the same way. He's the only one I've seen that can ruin stainless steel strings, I won't even let him look at my guitars anymore....

ugh... I've never had gold hardware before but... I do tend to sweat sulfuric acid. Probably Mt Dew actually, but still corrosive.

Back