1 3/4" nut width on shorter scale guitar necks

kidgloves2

I LOVE the fact that we can get 1 3/4" nuts width on regular guitar necks. After getting used to it, I can never go back to 1 11/16" or less. And I can definitely feel the difference.

I want to build LP, with the normal 24 3/4" scale, But I want the neck to have the wider nut.

And I'd LOVE to build Jagstang with 1 3/4" nut too. I know 24" scale with a wider nut would RULE!

Please say I'm not alone.  :toothy11:

A BIG 1+ for free/no-upcharge 1-3/4" nut width on more neck types (Vintage Modern, baritone, 24-3/4" scale, etc.) - hey, give us sausage-fingered guys a break!  :blob7:

I would like this too. I have a Jackson with a 1 3/4" inch nut. I would love to build a 24" scale Mustang with a neck that has a 1 3/4" inch nut. Without it costing me a fortune.

I also play acoustic guitars with 1 3/4" inch nuts.

I'd probably build a LP too!

Yes, Yes!!!...I'm rebuilding a MIM Strat with the usual 25 1/2"  scale neck but with a 1 3/4" width neck at the nut position (ebony fretboard - no radius) and I agree with you all about the need for a 1 3/4" roller nut system. Let it be so!!!  :blob7:  :hello2:

Yea, I'm surprised they don't at least make this an option on the les Paul style necks. Sure, there are less people buying 1 3/4 nut necks, but there has to be enough of us to make a difference. I have a 1 3/4 nut mahogany Strat neck made by Warmoth and it feels better than any other neck I ever played. It has the perfect ammount of room for my fat fingertips when playing in 1st position. I'll never go less than that ever again.

I bet if more 1 11/16 lovers tried 1 3/4, they would never turn back. We just have to find a way to get them to all try it. LOL

Back