Help Sought on Posting Photos

Lbpesq

Hi everyone.  I’m new to this forum.  I tried to post some pics of a build, but they were rejected.  The error message said it was because they were “jpeg” and the forum only accepts “jpg”.  I beleive they are the same thing.  My iPad saves photos as “jpeg”.  Is there any way I can post these to this forum?

Thanks,  Bill

Jerry Garcia!!!!! Awesommme. Welcome aboard.  Sorry don't know the answer as I live in the non-apple world.

Dude, my favorite ice creams flavor is now a unofficial member

just upload the photos to imgur and then use their webzite to generate the proper bbcode tags to posting on forums. That's the #easiest

Lbpesq said:
Hi everyone.  I’m new to this forum.  I tried to post some pics of a build, but they were rejected.  The error message said it was because they were “jpeg” and the forum only accepts “jpg”.  I beleive they are the same thing.  My iPad saves photos as “jpeg”.  Is there any way I can post these to this forum?

Thanks,  Bill

The TYPE of image is the same, but the file name isn't. As an old malware preventative measure, older forum software (like this one) can allow certain file extensions and prohibit others (only the forum admins can change that).  If the extension ".jpeg" wasn't specifically whitelisted in the forum config, it'll be rejected.  You can try to rename the file with a ".jpg" extension, or, as BR mentioned, upload to a photo hosting site and link remotely.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6060983

(I'm also just speculating that that's how this forum is set up, based on my past experience with phpBB, another software package similar to SMF)

Bear in mind that some organizations may block photo sharing sites like Imgur if you try it while it work.  I know I can't see the pics others post if they upload to Imgur.  But that's a tangent not specifically related to your issue.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I just emailed the pics from my iPad to my Windows desktop.  I renamed them as "jpg".  Now over to the Strat Gallery section to see if this works.

Bill

Back