ziricote fingerboard, not quite in the box

willyk

I just secured this piece to go on a birdseye P bass neck. It cost me nearly as much as Sir Schmoopie's knee-cap but it's gonna look out'bloody'rageous!

Attachments

• erics foot_1.jpg
    erics foot_1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 753
that cost you 8 grand, thats robbery.  but that neck should be bichin.  wish i had gotten the cap replaced, so i could send you some bone inlay material, guess i'll just have to kill a hobo for you.

Sir Schmoopie said:
that cost you 8 grand, thats robbery.  but that neck should be bichin.  wish i had gotten the cap replaced, so i could send you some bone inlay material, guess i'll just have to kill a hobo for you.
Don't do that Sir Schmoopie, the quarantine laws in Australia are murder. I'm having abalone dots inlayed on it in honour of your patella! Sorry for the "slight exaggeration" about the cost :evil4:
sundin4prez said:
nice finger board , how did it cost ya and where did you pick it up from???
I got it from Warmoth, for $65 Ken let Eric pick it out for me.

whats this world coming to if you cant send a friend a body part.  what would van go think?

willyk said:
I got it from Warmoth, for $65 Ken let Eric pick it out for me.

Just a bit of elaboration here.  Depending on work volume and what is being requested, hand picking fingerboards is sometimes available.  If we are positively slammed and digging through the piles will negatively impact processing all other orders, it won't be an option.  Likewise, if the figuring being requested is too specific and not-doable... not gonna do it.  That wouldn't be fair to either party by charging and not fully delivering.  Sometimes it is an option though.

Sir Schmoopie said:
whats this world coming to if you cant send a friend a body part.  what would van go think?
I think he was inspired by that Roman guy ( Marc Antony, not Ed) you know...."friends, Romans, countrymen lend me your ears!!.... but he didn't have Aussie quarantine to worry about either 'cos he didn't send it to me.

i remember when Steve Erwin did the quarantine ads... good times.

That's a nice looking piece of look. Should look amazing. Just inlaid a fretboard with a Zircote fretboard and it was fantastic.
fretboardsmall.jpg

Sir Schmoopie said:
that cost you 8 grand, thats robbery

There's guys here that'll cap ya knee and make it look like a robbery... for less than 8 grand.

FWIW... no tale here... my cousin, as a little girl, tried to remove something from an electrified railroad track with stick (or pole or something).  She did, in fact, blow both her kneecaps off, nearly losing both legs, and was recipient of two crafted replacements at the tender age of about 8 or 9, with subsequent surgery as she matured.  This was mid 1960's technology - and I'm sure todays methods are much better.

Back