WTT WTB Telecaster body...nothing fancy

scartozi

I'm looking for a Telecaster body, I honestly don't care if it's a Squire, MIM.....don't care about the color either.
Let me know if yall's got one....mmmmkay

There's a whole page of new Tele bodies made of various woods (Ash, Paulownia, Mahogany, etc.) that are either bare or with various finishes that run between $50 and $70 here. If MIM bodies don't bother you, these shouldn't. They aren't the same quality as a Warmoth part, but then, neither is anything else.

Thanks Cagey :headbang: I'll be ordering one of those soon, although I'll admit I know nothing about telecasters or their wiring...but I think I'll have no trouble getting answers on this forum

Let me tell you something about telecaster wiring:  I did it successfully.  On my first try.  Ever.  And I was a humanities major whose tool-using skills suggested law school, of all things, might be a better idea than truly working for a living.  You oughta be okay, Mister  "I made an acoustic-guitar-looking-bridge-for-my-Strat-out-of-solid-billet-aluminum."  Tool-using primates do better at this sort of thing.

Bagman67 said:
Let me tell you something about telecaster wiring:  I did it successfully.  On my first try.  Ever.  And I was a humanities major whose tool-using skills suggested law school, of all things, might be a better idea than truly working for a living.  You oughta be okay, Mister  "I made an acoustic-guitar-looking-bridge-for-my-Strat-out-of-solid-billet-aluminum."  Tool-using primates do better at this sort of thing.
:laughing7: :laughing7: :toothy12: :toothy12: :icon_biggrin:

My aluminum bridge......it's amazing what you can do with 2 hand files, drill press, sandpaper and polishing compound....and the drill press wasn't really a necessity

Be sure to check out their pickup selection, too. Lotta people give them very high marks, and I'm in that group as well having used a few. They're surprisingly inexpensive, but they're not cheap at all. Very nice high-quality parts that sound great. It's not like they're castoffs from Chinese sweatshop fiddles.

Cagey said:
Be sure to check out their pickup selection, too. Lotta people give them very high marks, and I'm in that group as well having used a few. They're surprisingly inexpensive, but they're not cheap at all. Very nice high-quality parts that sound great. It's not like they're castoffs from Chinese sweatshop fiddles.

For the second time today, I'm agreed completely with Cagey.  GFS pickups are certainly second to none as far as production models, and I have friends who prefer their offerings to their Lollars and Fralins.  It really comes down to flavor, and GFS has some great options.

-Mark

Back