Wrong pickup route on the neck pickup!

Dolando

I got my first warmoth build,its a jazz 5 deluxe. I'm a little annoyed, I just checked the neck pickup route and it looks like they have routed for a standard 4 neck pickup size where I asked for a standard 4 bridge pickup size for a 5 string which is the size of the nordstrand NJ5S, which i have custom pickup ordered. I have emailed warmoth, but don't think I'll here anything till after Christmas.

Basically the length of the route should be 95mm long, the one routed measures at 93mm and just won't fit a bridge size pickup cover. The Neck cover i have fits perfectly. I'm pretty gutted! Someone tell me if I have odd size jazz covers.

It seems very unlike them to make. Silly mistake like this. Has something I've this happened to anyone else?

No. Never. It must just be you. Were you sassy when you placed your order? If you placed it online, did you use Windows and Internet Exploder?

Just kidding.

If you've ever watched the "Warmoth Today" thread, or subscribed to their RSS feed, you'd see they do an insane amount of custom work. Probably 80% of it or better. It's a wonder they don't screw up 61 times a day, let alone the few times a year we hear about it.

But, this is the wrong place to discuss it. You need to call them. They usually go well above and beyond the call of duty to make things right, so no worries.

Ou really had me worried at the beginning haha.

Justo anted to see if anyone had any experiences with this. Ill try ring them Monday which is Christmas Eve. I doubt anyone will be there, worth a try.

Thanks for the positive words though, appreciate it.

They have their return policy, so you could send it back and they'd make you another.  I've been on the bad side of their custom mistakes several times myself and a few times with friends/customers.  They're reliable with their willingness to let you wait 3 months for a new one, so if that works for you, go for it. 

-Mark

It will end up in the showcase, so not much reason not to make things right for you.

Thanks for the replies. I have contacted nordstrand and best bass gear and they don't see there would be a problem with having the same pickup but in the 4 string neck size.

I really like the body, so I'm going with that option, it will just have a slightly smaller jazz pickup, might actually look a bit tidier. So I'm happy again. :)

Excellent!  Good to hear that it worked out for you.  Problem solving in customer service is what keeps me coming back.

-Mark

AprioriMark said:
Excellent!  Good to hear that it worked out for you.  Problem solving in customer service is what keeps me coming back.

-Mark

:icon_scratch:

I don't think it was a customer service resolution, rather he found a way to make it work with a different pickup than originally intended.

I meant that Norstrand was interested in his business, even if other involved companies were not.  There's always a hiccup with a build; this one was just expensive and time consuming.

-Mark

Yea its all sorted now. I hot a very nice email from warmoth and they have also agreed to refund me $100 to help cover any costs to put this right. Can't praise warmoth enough!

That's great to hear!  I wish they'd treated me along those same lines; even just an admission of the multiple mistakes they made. When companies own up to their mistakes and make an effort to keep my business, I become a customer for life.  I've used the same mechanic for a lot of years because of this, even though I could get my oil changed cheaper somewhere else (or do it myself).  I don't even bother price checking maintenance or getting another opinion anymore.  I appreciate companies and business owners who act with integrity. 

-Mark

Back