Would these Saddles work on my Bridge Plate? (Top Loader)

EddieDavis

Hey there! I'll have to call GraphTech about this to ask them, perhaps someone on here might know too?

I have to use this bridge plate (see photo) on my Squire/Warmoth upgrade, but the saddles that come with it are low quality, would like to upgrade to graphtech saddles.  (See link)

Measurements match but I got one person telling me they might not work because the saddles are designed for string-through body bridges.... Can I work around this or am I stuck with the stock bridge and saddles?

Schaller 475 is not an option by the way, I was gonna try that first and it's not the right fit for my guitar.. 

Any tips much appreciated!  Thanks

http://www.graphtech.com/products/brands/string-saver/product-detail/ps-8000-00-string-saver-originals-strat-tele-2-1-16-string-spacing?id=bf6e39dc-ad53-45d9-8344-abfff2dc3119

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180407-170659.png
    Screenshot_20180407-170659.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 322
I see no reason why not. They are center intonation adjustment screw type, and the spacing is 2-1/16" like the squier saddles.

On that graph tech link you provided there is a spec chart on the left hand side. Click on it and it gives all the measurements so you can compare your squier saddles to theirs.

It's tough to say for certain, but it doesn't look to me like the Graphtech saddles will work with that bridge plate. The Graphtech parts are indeed designed for a string-thru body/bridge, while the plate you have wants to not only top-load, but from below the intonation screws. You'd have interference problems using the Graphtech parts.

That's a strange bridge plate. I'm not sure what saddles you could replace those with.

What seems to be the problem with the existing saddles?

If I have to use the existing bridge saddles, it's not the end of the world. 

But I measured my current saddles and they are almost exactly the same mm measurement as what GraphTech gives for theirs. 

I'll give them a call on Monday and ask them about it, along with finding out their return policy.  Again, not really a huge problem to use the stock saddles, they're just cheaply made and tend to wear out over time is the only real issue. 

Well, if all three dimensions are correct, then the only question left would be if there's any relief channel on the underside of the Graphtech parts to allow the string to rise from the low anchor point on the back of the bridge plate to the top the of saddle's string slot. If so, you're golden. If not, then bringing the string up to tension is going to put a serious kink in the string at the winds holding the ball end on, and possibly want to lift the saddle as well.

Back