Would our International customers like to see DHL as a new shipping option?

If DHL was offered as an alternative shipping method to our International customers, would you choos

• Total voters
When our order leaves our doors, it is entrusted to a parcel service. At Warmoth we like to give you options! While considering adding DHL shipping services for International customers, we would love to have your feedback. Please let us know if you would like this option added in addition to UPS Express and USPS Airmail.

I'm in Denmark.

I have good experience with DHL (when getting packages from other webshops) - but also have good experience with UPS.

I think UPS handles international orders much better in regard to customs/tax - they simply just bill me after delivery by invoice. Whereas DHL expects to be paid cash on delivery - which makes delivery at my work place more of a hassle.

So I would probably still go with UPS unless DHL

a/ can provide same custom/tax service or
b/ would be much cheaper.

I would never choose USPS partly because of the longer delivery time and partly because that would include PostDanmark - the danish postal service - who will make the delivery times even longer and the customs/tax process even more cumbersome. 

I live in Canada, and i would almost always choose anything over usps :dontknow:

Hi Amanda, welcome to the site.

Another option never hurts but I'm guessing most Europeans prefer USPS. At least in Greece when USPS is not an option most people will avoid to buy from this store/company. USPS delivers the packages to the Greek Mail and they handle the customs. We pay the taxes + custom fees of 3 euros to the Mail for doing the work in the customs. With any private shipping company we pay the taxes + custom fees of 90+ euros to the company for doing the work in the customs.

Speaking only for myself, when I don't see USPS option I have to pass as good as a product might be.

Thank you all for the great feedback! (And thank you for the welcome Kostas). Can anyone share their DHL experience if you have used them for other orders? Were you happy with the service?

Hi Amanda  ..... 

I'm in Sydney, Australia (that great land downunder  :icon_thumright: ) and I am very happy just the way it is, with USPS.
All the packages I have ever received from Warmoth (thats lots  :icon_biggrin: ) .... Turn up with-in 4 days.
Plus, I bet ya, they all look just how they left Warmoth, never had any tears / gouges / pushed-in packages.

To me, it looks like all my packages sent to me, just happen to get 1st class seating on the plane.  :icon_biggrin:
Probably sitting back with a cold beer, watching the latest movie.

**This bit has nothing to do with Warmoth**
Down here in Australia, we can spend UP to $1,000 (excluding shipping) with-out paying any extra taxs.
Over that amount, then we get hit with a tax percentage based on the amount that is over $1,000

Suppose another option, DHL is a safeguard idea  :dontknow:

Would the shipping costs of DHL be dearer or much the same / or less ?

I've used DHL as well as the others in connection with business for 20+ years shipping things all over the world and have found DHL to be more reliable and faster than other similar services. If I were in a rush to get something the option would be great to have.

Only if its an Option and no the only option.

Two deliveries now with UPS from Warmoth and both cleared and delivered within 2 business days. Its simply does not get any better.

BUT....if you have a cheaper service for International with a slightly longer wait, I may consider it.

I'm from Brazil!
Well, my experience and the people I know with DHL is so-so...
We found it more expensive than Fedex and they don't mind telling you how much you'll need to pay for custom's fee, they arrive at your door and go like:

" - Mr there is this box with a customs of 28 billion dollars, you need to pay to get it - money or check"

What happen then usually is that the person has no money to pay it or it wasn't at home and this thing already counted as 1 delivery attempt...

Would be so much nicier if they call or send a email saying how much you need to pay, giving you options of how to pay and then do the 1st delivery attempt... Like UPS and Fedex ( IIRC the 2nd) does...

I live in the UK and have ordered various bits and pieces from the US down through the years. My Warmoth Strat arrived in double quick time when it was shipped, like 3-4 days. That's why I voted I'm happy with UPS. Don't think DHL would be any cheaper, or quicker!

I live in Hong Kong, so I have no issues with taxes or customs. I've never had a problem with my Warmoth orders delivered by UPS, but I would appreciate the DHL option. 

I have used DHL for years (StewMac uses them) and I find them to be really great; their customer service is very flexible about delivery times, and considering English is a second language where I live, I have never had a problem communicating with them at all. 

More options are always welcomed but I had to vote no for DHL only because they are a PIA in Japan. Don't even get me started on Fed Ex.
MULLY
USPS works for me

I used DHL daily in my previous business and it worked very well. Both shipping and receiving large and heavy shipments.
I’m another one voting for DHL.

UPS on the other hand ...  :(

It is such a worthless company that I would never ever use them if I had to. Every. Single. Shipment. I have received by UPS has been a joke. Not once but twice I’ve witnessed the UPS truck drive up and the driver looked round and then drove off. Both times a notification later came saying nobody was home to receive the shipment. I was standing looking through the window fer chriss sake!
And the option they give you to change the delivery day? It’s such a pain in the shorts to go online and do that, that it’s easier to herd a swarm of bees through a candy store.

As we have a resurrected thread or is that resuscitated I have had reasonably good experiences of DHL.

:icon_biggrin:

Back