Wood Guitar Pick Pics

thepriebster

Someone shared pics of wood pickup rings and covers so I thought II would share pics of wood picks.

wood-picks-2a.jpg

a-cocobolo-guitar-pick-1.jpg

a-kingwood-guitar-pick.jpg

More at:

http://sleipnerguitars.com/for-sale/wood-guitar-picks-1.shtml

Hmm I don't know,  unless they were made of really hard woods like ebony (what woods are equally hard? I have no idea), I would tear through those things. I can be heavy on the picking hand, and I feel like they would just disintegrate. Same problem with certain brands of plastic picks.

Those picks look cool, I'd like to try them, although, it does seem as though they wouldn't last long scraping the strings with them.

But for light picking and strumming , I bet they'd be fine.

great just when the tone snobs and super skeptics start to be quiet, this comes along. 

oh man i hate the sound of a plastic pick, i need a solid blood wood pick, because picks alter the tone so much,

believe me, i've made a wooden pick, it sounded like crap.

I don't care so much to try them out ,as I already found a pick that works so well for me, I just think they look so cool.

I think they look cool, too.  But,  I have playeed guitar for over twenty years now, and I have tried many picks.  I always end up going with the first one I ever picked up...Fender heavy. 

I don't claim to know much about tonal characteristics... but as we've all heard and debated about etc.. the biggest SINGLE most attribute that affects tonal qualities on an electric guitar is indeed.. the pickup. Yes?  LIne 6- Variax is a good example.

My future father-in-law is a bluegrass guy.. obsessed about every little detail about his mandolins.  Recently bought something for his mandolin that came with a Turtle shell pick.  which apparently are illegal.  the auction was a ruse. your'e actually buying the turtle shell pick but whatever..

I think fretting about things like the tone a pick gives you...  is just going overboard.. why can't we just enjoy playing eh?

Well all the tone influences aside, They are a bit of artwork,  you all should visit the link, and see how the old duffer makes them, and how much he charges for them. I think it would be worth buying  a few picks just to have them for art.

Remember when metal picks were popular in the 80's?  Thankfully that passed....

Slightly off-topic, but I discovered Dunlop Tortex M3 picks awhile back and love them. I use the green ones (.88mm I believe, they are the "medium" size, purple is heavy). These picks are smaller in diameter with a sharp point. They are really great, check em out!

The wooden picks are cool, very pretty, I'd hve the same concerns about eventually shredding the tip though.

There's a guy on Ebay who sells picks called "mojo" picks, they are real silver quarters from the 1940s-1950s that he files down, they are actually very cool and work well, though they take some getting used to. About $4 apiece I think.

buckallred said:
There's a guy on Ebay who sells picks called "mojo" picks, they are real silver quarters from the 1940s-1950s that he files down, they are actually very cool and work well, though they take some getting used to. About $4 apiece I think.

A friend of mine took a regular old quarter and hammered it into a pick. It's pretty cool, but i never use it except as a gag / for show he's around. It so sharp and brittle sounding.

Yah, I dig the wood picks too.

Sent them everywhere for friends from California to the UK....

I get mine from: http://www.intunegp.com/index-0.html

Back