Wolfgang contour on a 24 3/4" scale neck

t.coyle

Hey guys I am new here so go easy on me

One thing that would make up my mind on getting a warmoth would be a wolfgang contour on a 24 3/4" scale neck. Now i know this has probably been discussed here before but I have recently played a peavy wolfgang and i Loved that contuor sooo much. But as I have short arms 25.5" scale length necks are pretty uncomfortable to play for me and all of the 24 3/4" scale necks ive played have been a lot more comfortable on the left wrist (Example les paul, sg..) but none of the bodys on those scale necks were comfortable to play for me like a strat body is. Then on the forums I recently found the 7/8 size strat that a forum member Named GREGG had made with the 24 3/4" scale neck with 24 frets and I thought it was a perfect match for me as far as comfort of playing. I then went to Configure a neck and saw that the wolfgang contour was not offered. Now i know i could order the fat neck style and have a luthier carve it into an asymetrical shape for me but from the pictures the right side would still be a little off and it would be a big hassle.

Now i am pretty sure that from my readings here That they use CAD to run the machines to cut all of the wooden parts. And it seems like they already have the wolfgang contour on a 25.5" scale neck so I do not know how hard it would be to convert the wolfgang contour to a 24 3/4 inch neck dosent seem like it would be that dificult, I could be very wrong. I also read that on the of GREGG post about the  7/8 scale 24 3/4" strat that he has the clapton profile on it and that is not listed under the available profiles for that scale neck so maybe I could order one special? Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Oh and by the way I am not even close to having enough money to place and order at this moment because I am slightly disabled. But It would be nice to figure out this so I could have a solid estimate on how much to save up. I dont want to call warmoth until I have the money. Im not sure of that makes sense. But again thanks for the help

Well, Gregg is a Warmoth Employee, so he may have a bit more freedom. The best thing to do would be to call, though. I've never called myself, but many of the members here know how good the customer service is, or future customer service is for that matter.

Call them, they are very friendly and used to this kind of question - they can let you know the upcharge for that, or if it's even possible.

Back