Wiring HELP! Old Peavey

dmraco

I am looking for help to make a few connection on a Peavey Predator I am rebuilding.  It has 2 humbuckers, 1 vol, 1 tone, and 1 three way.  All the connection but the tone knob and input jack are severed.  I have never seen wiring like this and need help wiring in the tone and input.  I have enclosed a photo and labeled it the best I could.  This thing has 3 capacators wired in.  One is on the input jack! 

Can anyone help me make the final connections?

Thanks

Keegan

What the fuck has the last person to mess with this done? It looks like they were going for a "cab under a comforter" sort of sound.

You probably just want to disconnect everything and then start from scratch with a diagram like this: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_1v_1t_3w

dmraco

I know...it was a mess!  Some of it was actually usefull, like the capacitor on the jack to prevent shocks.

I actually located the original wiring diagram from Peavey off an Peavey message board.  The guitar is all wired and actually sounds really well.  The made us USA humbuckers have a real warm tone to them.  The only issue is a little hum at high overdrive levels...but what can you expect for 20+ year old electronics!!!

brownsound79

a helper...
rx400.gif