Winter NAMM 2012

SkuttleFunk

if anybody here on the UW board will be cruzing the hallowed halls of NAMM this year and you have a couple free minutes, feel welcome to drop by Hall E Booth 1304 and say 'Hi'

I'd be great to meet, and to confirm that I am indeed uglier than a 20 year old unfinished Maple fretboard  :toothy12:

all the best,

R

I might have a Sunday Only type Visitor pass available ... depends if a client is able to make it to SoCal that weekend. if he's not (and you're 18 or over), I could make this available. there'd be a $25 late registration fee since this would be processed after the Jan 5th free registration cut-off

drop me a note via my Regenerate webpage Contact form Friday that week. If it's available we can make arrangements on how to settle up on the fee

and there'd be no requirement to hang for endless hours at the RGW booth - there's a HUGE show that also needs to be explored as well.

all the best,

R

If you could make that happen, I would be more than happy to reimburse you.  I got to go a few years ago, and I'm still sad every time it rolls around and I can't go.  It was on par with the best amusement parks in the world for me. 

hannaugh said:
If you could make that happen, I would be more than happy to reimburse you.  I got to go a few years ago, and I'm still sad every time it rolls around and I can't go.  It was on par with the best amusement parks in the world for me.

Sounds like this will work out for you but in the coming years if you would like to go let me know and I can get passes for both you and your husband.

:toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

That would be amazing.  I will definitely take you up on that.  When would I have to contact you by?  December?

Yeah early december is best. I am all out of them for this year even the sunday onlys so hopefully this works out for you.

I can't go.  I don't have any contacts within the music industry where I can get a pass.  :sad1:

Oh yeah, and I'm already going on a big trip this year.

it is like a big candy store, but the distributors do weed the crowd out fast.
they are mainly looking to talk to the guys with blue badges
if you talk a good line a black badge can get you a lot of attention for a bit at each booth.
they mainly are interested in buyers however so blue badges rule.

I talked to Bob Taylor when I was there last time!  :icon_biggrin:  I think he thought I was insane because I was kind of excited to meet him.

NAMM Show Attendance Requirements

NAMM is not open to the general public and attendees must be in the music products industry or be invited by a NAMM Member.

Only Members of NAMM and their employees may bring children to the NAMM Show provided they are accompanied by a qualified adult (must be over 18) who has one of the following badges:

RED: Exhibitor, Demonstrator, Manufacturer Rep.
BLUE: Buyer, Distributor Buyer, Corporate Buyer, Retail Employee
GREEN: Exhibitor Employee, Associate, Non-Exhibitor
CLEAR: Media
BLACK: Artist

IMPORTANT: Attendees with yellow visitor badges may not bring children or infants under the age of 18 to the NAMM Show

Blue badges are typically good to chat with if you're a red badge ... but you need to understand whether you're talking with a someone with decision authority/influence, or just one of the company employees out on a joyride.

Black badges are usually cool, and it's super easy to know who's a real industry pro or someone who is playing the part: the real pro's never ask for free gear. if you have something they really like but aren't wanting to pay for (rare amongst the real pro's), they have their people call you to work the marketing endorsement details

Clear badges are good to talk with as well if the publication they represent is targeted at the segment your business is in.

Yellow Sunday Only type visitor badges are a mixed lot. Most of them are there initially to see a specific vendor or are friends with a vendor, but once the initial visit is done they're typically off on their kid in candy store adventure.

It will be interesting to see how the new Sun Only badge policy works this year, and what kind of impact it has on those gear makers who specialize in individual direct sales vs. distribution. I'm thinking the quantity of individual direct sales is going to be down until Sun rolls around .... but I hope I'm wrong on this

all the best,

R

well I walk through with a permanent Contractors badge
I am there in case someone has trouble with their electrical feed
I actually get a lot of respect but they will drop me in a second if a buyer shows up
It is funny, as you say a black badge gets you respect, if you have a good line, say the wrong thing and its nothingville

Been all week this week walking the CES show in Vegas, some nice toys going hit the shelves this year in electronics

Back