Will Warmoth modern strat neck fit the neck pocket of the PRS Silver Sky SE?

Shaktidas

Have a Warmoth modern strat neck, 25.5" with standard 4-bolt mount. I'm curious if this would be compatible with a PRS Silver Sky SE body. I see these bodies are now available as parts and come in cool colors. Anyone tried this yet?

Look at the measurements on the warmoth and contact prs to see if know of any problems. I second spud. Go for it.

No, it is not compatible.

A Warmoth is based on vintage Fender specs and a 21 fret neck, a 22 fret version has a fretboard overhang. A PRS Silver Sky has a full 22 fret neck where the neck shaft and fingerboard are flush with each other and no overhang. The neck pocket shapes are different and one will not fit or intonate with the other.

Also, PRS in general is not compatible.

Last edited:

A Warmoth is based on vintage Fender specs and a 21 fret neck, a 22 fret version has a fretboard overhang. A PRS Silver Sky has a full 22 fret neck where the neck shaft and fingerboard are flush with each other and no overhang. The neck pocket shapes are different and one will not fit or intonate with the other.

Stratamania layin down the law! I love it1676130819913.png

Thank you for pointing out the 21 vs 22 fret difference and location of the 22nd fret on the PRS Silver Sky. I do agree on the high likelihood of intonation issues even if the neck pocket fits. Going to stay away from this 'experiment' for now! Thanks again!

Thank you for pointing out the 21 vs 22 fret difference and location of the 22nd fret on the PRS Silver Sky. I do agree on the high likelihood of intonation issues even if the neck pocket fits. Going to stay away from this 'experiment' for now! Thanks again!
Also, is the scale length 25.5" on a PRS Silver Sky? I thought that PRS often had a scale length in between the usual Fender and Gibson values? Maybe for the Silver Sky they went full strat scale?

Sure, no problem.

Also, is the scale length 25.5" on a PRS Silver Sky? I thought that PRS often had a scale length in between the usual Fender and Gibson values? Maybe for the Silver Sky they went full strat scale?
The Silver Sky is 25.5" (basically a stylized Strat for John Mayer). Many PRS are 25", but there are others, such as the McCarty 594.

The neck heel for the Silver Sky and SE, like most things PRS, is proprietary. Not particularly original, but proprietary.

PRS_2018_SilverSky_Frost_cavityup-thumbnail2.jpg

Last edited:
If your will is greater than the obstacles anything can be done. I suspect the amount of effort wouldn’t be worth the reward however. Unless you just like a crazy good challenge.

Back