Some basic details here so just the pics:

s5OqXAn.jpg

3KWjObg.jpg

UGGeUlo.jpg

qAZXVmC.jpg

NrGW5Po.jpg

pUQ0urj.jpg

qmGGiPP.jpg

Nice. The colour of the body does go well with the neck I think. How does it play and sound etc.

Thanks! Can't help thinking that a metallic tobacco burst would go better with the neck. Not yet, not yet...

Yes that's a thing I keep thinking of all sort of different options and colour schemes, bridge and pick ups.  I doubt I will ever get to the end of it.  Window shopping on the web makes it easy to do  :eek:ccasion14:

Amd a mirrored pickguard. A 12 needs a mirrored pickguard for that glassy sound. Yes you are seeing double.

I gotta tell ya, the hydrocephalic 12-string headstock is really unattractive - until someone puts a very cool logo on it, as we see here.  Nice work, Pete.

Bagman

Bagman67 said:
I gotta tell ya, the hydrocephalic 12-string headstock is really unattractive - until someone puts a very cool logo on it, as we see here.  Nice work, Pete.

Bagman

I agree.  That logo makes that headstock.

Bagman67 said:

Bagman
I agree, the "Gumby" headstock has always been a mystery to me, but he put it to good use... :laughing7:

Thanks for the comments about the logo. Another ebay find from a seller who usually cuts acrylic cake stands and pendants(!) Had a few made in different colours to try - about £1.50/$2.50US each.

It did then take a bit of work sanding it down to reduce the thickness from 3mm to a little over 2mm, polish it up and soften the edges.

I should also mention that, in keeping with the low cost principals of this build, the knobs are freebies from some guy known round here as Cagey - thanks!

Back