Why can't i select the contoured heel option on a showcase unfinished body?

I know it's not very helpful to say 'it just isn't', but it does appear to be the case that they only do it when the bodies are cut.

That said, I think it would only be possible on unfinished bodies without a bridge pickup or front rout, because the CNC would need the front index hole to still be present - all the showcase bodies I looked at that met these requirements already had the contoured heel, so that doesn't conclusively tell me that they couldn't/wouldn't do it. If you are looking at a body that still has the index hole, it might be worth calling to ask.

some opinions are not impossible, just more steps needed, not easy as to do as a standard per-programs CNC step .

I have asked them to done some CNC  option without screw holes, they charged $10 ~25 to do it and said they rather do it manually.

I have done CNC myself, so I knows to not cut some holes , it just need to remove some g code, although it can be done as easy as use a text editor, but to ensure it got no errors as you don't have a seconds chance, as part of my day jobs is production management, I know this kind of cases  needs to done a test run for confirmation, so that need time and labour + material cost, so if that just one off requires, I understand they rather do it manually.

so I believe you can ask by email, they can do it at some cost likely by manually.

as they use a vacuum to fix the body for CNC, back of the body may not easy to fix as pickups route already been cut on other sides.

Probably also as showcase prices are already fairly keen doing something that may take more production time it is not an offered option.

Of course, if you are buying it unfinished you could always reshape it yourself with rasps, files, and sandpaper.

Back