why can they put a flame koa top on maple/alder/ash but not korina/walnut?

I dont think its that they "cant" but that its more like the same reason you don't put Tobasco on ice cream sundaes.  You can, somebody might like it, but, its not seen on the menu, ya know?

Call them up; generally speaking if they have the wood available they may do it with potential upcharges; I have seen references lately that flame koa is in short supply at Warmoth right now.

jackthehack said:
Call them up; generally speaking if they have the wood available they may do it with potential upcharges; I have seen references lately that flame koa is in short supply at Warmoth right now.

well when i had called them they said they could  probably do a koa  top  but it was  at  a  shallower carve.

it was after my call that  i realised they advertised it offered it on maple/ash/alder.

i dunno im kicking around wenge  so Ill probably call them  back and  maybe  get a more complete answer while im checking on that.

i dont know if its tonally  a mistake  because on their  site its described  like mahogany but a little  brighter.  when  maple tops are all the  rage and ebony  on wenge is recommended it seems theres not probelm with mixing woods on oppposite  ends of the scale,  i dont  see why pairing  similar  tonewoods would be hazardous.

Back