Who does the best finish work

f1badude

My next project I'm thinking I'm gonna order a paddle head and do my own headstock design and inlay.
In the past I have ordered all my stuff from Warmoth finished. This one I will order bare and am looking for a place who does a kick ass dye burst finish.
Any recommendations?

BA

i think you can send stuff back to warmoth for finishing... i may be mistaken...

but then you could finish up your creation and send it back to the people you already know do some great work. just a thought  :icon_biggrin: and definitely post pics when you're done! i'd love to be able to do my own inlay... i'm a bit jealous.

Warmoth finishes are really great. Call them first and see if they can do what you have in mind. On the board, Tonar has got to be the guy to recommend. Look up his posts.

Warmoth finishes are really great.  But if you want a burst that's special, Tonar is your man. 

He's in California, but he's currently working on one of my guitars and I'm in Canada.

tfarny said:
Warmoth finishes are really great. Call them first and see if they can do what you have in mind. On the board, Tonar has got to be the guy to recommend. Look up his posts.

I've even expanded my project more after doing some research today. I'm going to buy a set neck elsewhere and modify the neck pocket in my Warmoth body.
So far I have struck out with most of my special requests at Warmoth. I'm guessing that workload is high and there's not as much time to do any custom work. I'm expecting they won't be interested in painting a neck from somewhere else and I want to make sure it is color matched with the body.

Thanks for the info guys, I sent Tonar a pm.

BA

Denis Leary tried to warn you guys about 14 or 15 years ago...  We're almost done sharpening everybody's ice skates. :evil4:

listen, send a picture of the headstock you want to Doug at soulmate guitars. He is a great guy and his necks are absalulty astonishing. he has a customs inlay guy that he sends everything to, so you inlay is no problem either. If you want it, he'll build it. hes building a buddy of mine a bass neck out of rockwood....its bad ass. if he says hes to backed up to do it email me

Paint, give Pt from wilkins guitars a call, if you tell him what you want hell paint it. Hes painting a seven string baritone iceman for my company right now. If you or anyone is interested heres the links

www.wilkinsguitars.com ----> Paint
www.soulmateguitars.com ----->Custom Necks

my email is c.l.arnold@live.com

JaySwear said:
nobody expects the Canadian inquisition!  :icon_biggrin:

monty python anybody? no?  :-\

Not so fast eh'.  I have been expecting the Canadian inquisition.    :evil4:
Be aware, amongst their weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the pope, and nice red uniforms!

Back