While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Guitar Instrumental)

wolbai

I have made a guitar instrumental out of this song.

Although I have used a tasteful Toto-backing track version for the recording and I've "borrowed" some Steve Lukather licks as well (he is a real guitar beast), my heart beats in this song for George Harrison as a great guitarist, giant musician and excellent songwriter.

To me, the song arrangement is remarkable in two ways:

There is a beautiful scale change from A-Minor to A-Major (chorus part) which can be played very nicely with a guitar as well.

The second thing is the chord progression with the chromatic descending bass notes. Is this respect, I think it became somewhere a reference song for many 70s Hits I can remember.

The arrangement of a Vocal song as a guitar instrumental is quite challenging (to me): it is necessary to come up with different phrasing and sound ideas to compete with a good vocal line.

I therefore have used various playing styles and phrasings in the original vocal parts. The tone is colored by the guitar volume knob and by swinging between plectrum and finger style playing.

The outro solopart is more or less completely improvised. Eventually, I could have made a bit more variations by using more fretboard positions ...

As you will see, my Warmoth H-S-H is in action again. This is clearly the guitar with the most tonal variations I have ever played in my life.

All in all it is not a note-by-note cover. The recording can be considered more as a song interpretation.

The video is quite sparingly. But you can keep an eye on my nice looking stubby fingers instead  :icon_biggrin:

I would like to hear your opinion  :icon_thumright:

Have fun while watching / listening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q52oF0uHY7M

wolbai

Nice
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q52oF0uHY7M[/youtube]

@Rgand + @Rick:

Thank you both for the well meaning feedbacks :icon_thumright:

@vetteman: Cool Feedback - thank you  :icon_thumright:

Your avatar looks great  :icon_thumright:

wolbai

Back