Where Was I When Aaron Got A Haircut?

Oh, I didn't mean to imply he is anything but a rock-n-roll animal! (But isn't that a fu manchu?)

I'm still not sure about the hair. I never want to be one of those guys that is stuck in a certain time period and can't grow, change, and embrace new things.

Then again, the short hair increases my dork factor by about 15%. Which, incidentally, is the same annual percentage by which the size of my forehead increases.

On a good note, in just over a month I'll be eligible for the senior discount at Denny's. In a strange twist of arithmetic, I've heard their Moons Over My-Hammi tastes 15% better with the discount.

I'll report back.

It looks good, Aaron. I was just a little surprised to see the new look. :)

My forehead is doing OK I guess, but I did mention to my barber that I was getting pretty thin at my crown. He said he had just the solution for me, walked out, came back and handed me a hat.

I'm still not sure about the hair. I never want to be one of those guys that is stuck in a certain time period and can't grow, change, and embrace new things.

Then again, the short hair increases my dork factor by about 15%. Which, incidentally, is the same annual percentage by which the size of my forehead increases.

On a good note, in just over a month I'll be eligible for the senior discount at Denny's. In a strange twist of arithmetic, I've heard their Moons Over My-Hammi tastes 15% better with the discount.

I'll report back.

Wait, are you and I the same age? I hit 56 this year, and I got my first-ever unsolicited senior discount last summer. That was a pretty frickin' demoralizing win. Teenager behind the counter had no idea how deep she cut me. And my brother was there to see it, and had a great laugh.

Wait, are you and I the same age? I hit 56 this year, and I got my first-ever unsolicited senior discount last summer. That was a pretty frickin' demoralizing win. Teenager behind the counter had no idea how deep she cut me. And my brother was there to see it, and had a great laugh.

Ouch. But can you really blame your brother?

I'm 55 in April. That's when the Denny's senior discount kicks in.

I know because I got a solicitation from AARP the other day that listed about 100 establishments and their senior discount threshold.

weirdly, my wife started getting AARP mailings in her 30s, and I have yet to see one.

I know because I got a solicitation from AARP the other day that listed about 100 establishments and their senior discount threshold.
I'm 65, and haven't received a discount from anyone yet. I bet I should have, but just don't think about the possibility. I'm not an AARP member, but I need to find that list and take a good look at it!

If you're getting 5g plus unlimited text, talk and data. Never leave. T mobile overseas same as USA except calls are .25 a minute. You can use your GPS walking around Barcelona, Morocco and Perth WA.

Last edited:
I'm a light user of my cell phone. My wife corrected my monthly cost, including taxes, etc: $11.27. That gets me 1,000 minutes, unlimited messages, and 1GB data. I've never gotten close to those limits.

I remember my mother was incredibly happy to start getting the senior discount, especially for tourist attractions while traveling. She was so giddy when she asked for the senior priced ticket. While watching my wife and me paying full price.....

Warmoth needs to offer a senior discount. Or maybe not--that might put them out of business.

I'm the same age as Aaron. I don't feel ready for a senior discount anywhere but maybe the new knee store.

Warmoth needs to offer a senior discount. Or maybe not--that might put them out of business.

I'm the same age as Aaron. I don't feel ready for a senior discount anywhere but maybe the new knee store.

My knees are OK so far, but my right hip is owning me a little more every day.

(And it was at that moment that Aaron realized he was actually getting old.)

Back