Where is brown?

Kostas

I was looking for a blank pickguard and I noticed there's no brown anymore. It's a shame, it looked great and it was a nice option for those brown bodies that shouldn't have been routed in the first place...

I was gonna suggest Pickguard Heaven, but I just looked at their web site and they don't have brown (although they have a "gold" which is close, but lighter.)

Yep. I was bummed when I was gonna pop myself a brown shell 'guard about a year ago and found it was no longer on the menu. Called W to see if it was a screw-up with the website and they confirmed that they were out of stock with no intention of replenishing that material.  :sad1:

Day-mun said:
Yep. I was bummed when I was gonna pop myself a brown shell 'guard about a year ago and found it was no longer on the menu. Called W to see if it was a screw-up with the website and they confirmed that they were out of stock with no intention of replenishing that material.  :sad1:

It's a shame, I haven't seen it anywhere else and it looks great. But I generally like the most unpopular things...

If you are looking for a straight brown maybe consider buying a clear one and painting it underneath?

TBurst Std said:
If you are looking for a straight brown maybe consider buying a clear one and painting it underneath?

He was talking about brown shell.

That was always my favorite pickguard material, though I've never owned a guitar that had it. Shame that it's gone. :(

I always thought that "shell" pattern was pretty nice, too. Just never found anything that it wouldn't overwhelm.

Cagey said:
I always thought that "shell" pattern was pretty nice, too. Just never found anything that it wouldn't overwhelm.

How about a white Cabronita Tele?

I worded that wrong. I should have said "I've not had anything it wouldn't overwhelm". At least, lately.

Of course, on any of the various shades of white or cream, I think it would look great.

I have one that goes nicely with a shellac'd alder body. It's a strat pickguard for 3 P90s though, and it hasn't had much use yet!

That looks like Brown Pearloid. I would think Shell would be Brown Tortoise Shell. Still a shell, just a different look.

swarfrat said:
That looks like Brown Pearloid. I would think Shell would be Brown Tortoise Shell. Still a shell, just a different look.

The pattern is/was comparable to the "blue shell" that is still available on the website. -Maybe they should've called it "brown abalone", they may have sold enough of it to make it worth restocking.  :dontknow:

Back