Whenever a Telecaster is born, Angels weep with joy!

Toulouse_Tuhles

Born June 21, 2019, at 8:35EST....
397d46ca-a74d-4d6b-a1f8-d96904392c9c-original.jpg

a0e28771-53d4-4b5a-958f-2dc17e3c7011-original.jpg

A bouncin’ baby Telecaster, congratulations! Say, shouldn’t you be handing out cigars or some such?

DUDE, nice! What kind of strings do you use?

I went to Guitar Center today and an employee handed me a bag of Funions (delicious af, btw) and said "hey, no outside food!". I said okay, but then he yelled "this guy has outside food, get him!" so I panicked and started running. Somebody had a tazer and I didn't know what to do so I threw the Funions at him as a distraction. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's okay for them to have a no outside food policy, but it's easier to buy strings without all the sobbing from my tazer bruises. Just trying to raise awareness.

Generally something with pure nickel wrap, either Fender 150's or DR Pure Blues, have been using 10-46 but also used 11-52 and 09-40something.  I like 10's because I mostly play without a flat pick and they give nice "feedback" tension to the fingers (or that's how I describe it).

I will never go back to GC.  I've got a local SamAsh store that is pretty good to deal with.  Mostly strings online for scads less than retail though.

Well at least you got tased.  Done and over with.  I got the big humiliation treatment on the loudspeaker at Home Depot when I let loose with some green gas after eating some stupid ass "health pizza" that had goat cheese, avocado, onions, garlic and some sort of seeds on it and "home grown succulent herbs", among other things.  I was trying to get some trim from the gal that baked it.  I didn't, btw.  But jeeze, I was shopping for some caulking at Home Depot the next morning... and cut one that nearly broke my rectum.  Ever try getting a cast on your rectum?  I hear its no fun.  They called out about a chemical spill in the paint section, then asked for the hazmat response, and finally warned folks to keep clear of the paint aisle and the guy with the beard wearing a black t-shirt.  Meantime I snuck in back of the store where the restrooms are, dumped the organically processed pizza, used the rest of the bogroll and half the spare roll cleanin my keister, which had a bad effect on the plumbing... then continued out the employee entrance at the back of the store... had to march all the way around the front to get to my truck and sneak away, without the caulk!

They do grow out of the ground. 

I'd like to personally thank the sweaty, bug bitten indigenous Brazilian laborers, who despite having already lost both hearing and and a few fingers, harvested the particular goncalo-alves tree with no regard to the diverse animal life living in its canopy, just so it could be cut into timber in order for Warmoth to make it into a neck for me.  Good job, Kudos!

Similarly, I'd like to thank the no less sweaty, mineral encrusted Chilean miners, who despite toxic levels of copper in their bodies, continued to mine the red metal, so that it could be made into the wire for my pickups.  Once again, good job!

Thanks to Nobel corporation for taking on countless ship loads of rotting wood pulp from the global market, soaking it in red fuming nitric (and some sulfuric acid to mitigate water production in the reaction), in order to create the nitrocellulose used in the finish of my neck. 

And lastly, very honorable mentions!

First to the people of China, who are adept at taking the best of metallurgical processes developed by others, applying it to genuine Chinese iron ore in a way that is sub-marginally satisfactory, and selling it cut rate prices on the world market.  Helps keep prices down, and quality from becoming too high! 

And second, an honorable mention to the great men and women of the United States of America, who have become the worlds number one producer of petrochemicals, and through which have made the great poly finish on the guitar body an amazing feat.

So, through sweat and blood, along with human and ecological destruction, it all grew out of the ground!

YA BOOBAY. pure nickel strings all the way. I like bright pickups so they take the edge off the treble like a good shot of bourbon after a long night of protecting America from retail terrorists.

Now, you prolly want to say "but Brocolini Roberto (me if I was Hispanical), why not just use less bright pickups?". Well that's simple:

I don't want to.

There must have been new lakes formed in heaven from all the angels crying at the birth of this Tele.

Very very nice job!

Back