When is the next GOTM

Well, I don't have the patience to be a graphics magician so if you've got mad skillz with Photoshop or The GIMP (or whatever), you can create the banner images out of the winning entries. There's an example at the top right hand corner of this page where Max won Guitar of the Year. I'm not sure who's been doing it all along, but if they don't want to do it any more, then the job's open and perhaps they'll share some details.

Cagey said:
There's an example at the top right hand corner of this page where Max won Guitar of the Year.
I'm not sure who's been doing it all along, but if they don't want to do it any more, then the job's open and perhaps they'll share some details.

I think it was @Autobat  :dontknow:
He made mine when I won, plus he made himself one for coming last.  :doh:

I don't have photoshop or anything like that, so I can't help there either.

I totally agree with Cagey, that it should just be open slather.
Anything with a Warmoth Neck or Body.
Include Bass & Guitar in the one poll.
I think it just makes it messy when you have different categories each month.

Everyone kept saying that it was better when posted in the General Discussion section.
Since I've been here (jan 2011) it's only had in it's own section.
So ...
May-be best to post the voting thread for whatever month, back in the General Discussion Section.
That way more will see it and then more would vote.
Then at the end of the voting, that thread can be moved back to it's own section.

Just another  :sign13:  idea ........

Got my vote too Cagey  :icon_thumright:

I believe I can handle that! Or, work with Autobat to make it happen if needed. Let's do it!  :guitarplayer2:

Let's wait and let some others chime in. Maybe the board doesn't want me to handle this. I'm not feeling a lot of love yet. In any event, it's a couple weeks until the next month, so there's time to think.

I can not see a reason for bass/guitar split, after all they are all guitars.
My only thing is pro or non pro finished After all there are some great builds that the owner finished that would not hold up to a professional finish and the entire thing could boil down to a who spent the most on the finish contest.

I love 'em all, so it really doesn't matter to me how we split it!
At the same time, I can totally understand the non-pro finish category, and possibly even understand some of the bass guys feeling they are getting shorted being lumped in with everyone else, but the fewer categories the better in my opinion.
I like the idea of just lumping everything together as the baseline, and then throwing in a occasional twist like a non-pro finish category a few times a year to spice things up. 
I am totally OK with Cagey's offer to lead and will support the effort however I can. But, let's get the decision made and do it! There are just too many beautiful builds waiting out there to not do this!
:guitarplayer2:

Jusatele said:
I can not see a reason for bass/guitar split, after all they are all guitars.
My only thing is pro or non pro finished After all there are some great builds that the owner finished that would not hold up to a professional finish and the entire thing could boil down to a who spent the most on the finish contest.

I don't see a division for pro vs. amateur finishes, either. It's a contest. If you can't stop piddling on the porch, then you can't run with the big dogs. I've been here long enough and seen plenty of examples that show it's possible for amateurs to produce excellent and praise-worthy results. If you can't produce, you lose. This isn't little league. You don't get a trophy for being ambulatory and drawing breath. You gotta be good.

In my mind, there are really no rules other than it should be a "Warmoth" guitar. You can paint it with gorilla snot for all I care. All that matters is if it's an exemplary piece of work, and there's not even a rule about that. The people will decide. If you're ashamed of what you've done, don't enter it. We're not going to create a dozen categories so every entrant can get their tummy rubbed.

I'm still proud of my 1 vote strat. I've got templates for GOTM, both new style & old. It's not nearly as difficult as it might seem (but I've been a regular 'shopper for 10 years or so)

You have my vote too Cagey. And I agree that the rules should be open to anything Warmoth

Anything warmoth gets my vote.  Occasional "Special Contests" are interesting. Make it easy on whoever takes this on....at first anyway! (evil laugh)

:redflag:  Reminder that GOTM is happening for May  :redflag:

Need to go here .....
Submissions 1st --- 7th May .. http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19418.0
Also read ... http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19424.0

I'm really  :blob7: and looking  :glasses9:  forward to seeing  :glasses9:  all these exotic  :eek:  guitars  :party07: in the one place.  :headbang:

:rock-on:  GOTM

"Let the battle begin!!!"

091108_snails1_medium.jpg

hulkamania10.jpg

:headbang1:

Back