what's wrong with people

shanejw

I don't really know about anyone else, but i'm kinda tired of seeing Warmoth necks on ebay that people have put Fender/Charvel/Whatever logos on the headstock.  I think its unfair to Warmoth.  Why would you advertise for some other company that obviously wasn't cutting it for you?  How great could they be if you have to replace the neck, which to me is the deciding factor in which guitar i choose to play?  Does anyone else feel this way?  I guess that I'm just proud of my Warmoth and i think that if you want a fender logo on your headstock buy a fender.  Its like driving a Corvette with a Chevette logo on it.

I agree. I could have put a Gibson logo on my LP, but why? It's not a Gibson so it's seems weird to me. So I put a Warmoth logo and a Les Paul logo. That makes sense to me at least. It's a Les Paul made by Warmoth.

Yeah I finally got it playable I'm very happy with it. I just posted some sound clips of it yesterday in the LP forum. I'm still getting used to it. I think the shorter scale throws me off a little but I like feel of it a lot so it's worth the extra effort. I got my strat set up with new pickups right around the same time I got th LP back so now I'm torn when I go to play. Never in my life have I had 2 guitars I really like this much (3 if you count my lonely Parker p-42). My wall has space for one more guitar and that will be in 09 or 10... hopefully. Yeah that will be another Warmoth. :icon_smile:

+1 on the logos.  Can't they be sued for that?  I remember reading a long rant about that in one of the guitar building books.
Something about how they will throw you in the gulag for it.

JBD

GoDrex said:
Yeah I finally got it playable I'm very happy with it. I just posted some sound clips of it yesterday in the LP forum. I'm still getting used to it. I think the shorter scale throws me off a little but I like feel of it a lot so it's worth the extra effort. I got my strat set up with new pickups right around the same time I got th LP back so now I'm torn when I go to play. Never in my life have I had 2 guitars I really like this much (3 if you count my lonely Parker p-42). My wall has space for one more guitar and that will be in 09 or 10... hopefully. Yeah that will be another Warmoth. :icon_smile:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but great to hear.

If it was a Warmoth design I could see your point but it's not. 

i think people should just do what they want to their builds. I have never put a Fender or Gibson logo on my Warmoths but have no problem with people who do.

Some people simply liketo use Warmoths to recreate (and better) classic Fender or Gibson designs (Like Tonars cool classic teles) therefore using a waterslide decal is entirely justified.

I really think that it's an insecurity issue with some folks.  Some people think that it's the guitar and or the make and model of the guitar that makes you sound better or worse.  I've seen guys playing Gibson Les Paul customs that sounded like they were playing with 2 broken hands and I've also seen guys playin Squire Strats who were phenominal players and their sound was awsome.  I mean, if you need to feel better about your mediocure abilities by advertising that you are playing an overpriced instrument than so be it.  You're not fooling anyone who's listening with musicians ears...you should probably be spending less time looking at yourself in the mirror and practicing your "rock star" stances and poses and more time practicing.

#1 - It is a Fender design, and more often than not is put on a Fender guitar. Such is the case with me, as I have Fender bodies, Warmoth necks, and varied parts from other manufacturers - but I don't put any banding on the instruments. They are what they are - a collective of pieces parts (with Warmoth being one of the better aspects)...

I'm generally against, but not inclined to hate on those who do it. I would never put a Fender or Gibson label on my guitars. But branding is hugely important to tons of people, and "Warmoth" sounds like a lame Chinese company if you don't know any better.
Godrex, really glad to hear you got your issue sorted out.

Really why advertise it as something it's not? I changed out the neck on my Strat-o-coustic with an all birdeye maple one. But still I didn't put a Fender logo on it, cause it's really not just a Fender anymore... And truthfully I've never seen a Fender with as beautiful a neck as the one I got. Not even on a custom shop fender.... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Really why advertise it as something it's not? I changed out the neck on my Strat-o-coustic with an all birdeye maple one. But still I didn't put a Fender logo on it, cause it's really not just a Fender anymore... And truthfully I've never seen a Fender with as beautiful a neck as the one I got. Not even on a custom shop fender.... :dontknow:

I agree with this sentiment.  I'm not strongly opposed to is as long as someone isn't trying to pass it off as the genuine article.

I have bought Fender waterslide logos in the past from eBay but never applied them.  I always end up making my own or having nothing.  I used to think having nothing looked weird, but I'm changing my opinion lately.

JBD

I thought about putting a Gibson logo on my LP but have since changed my mind.  For me, it was because I see that logo as a part of the aesthetic of an LP.  It had nothing to do with what anybody else thought or fooling anybody.  I tell anyone who'll listen it's a Warmoth and recommend them constantly.  Their logo just isn't something I particularly care for.  That's not to say it's bad, it's just not my taste. 

I use the Warmoth logos exclusively.  I'm proud of the fact that my builds are Warmoths.  I've finished two...now I can use plural.  :cool01:

DocNrock said:
I use the Warmoth logos exclusively.  I'm proud of the fact that my builds are Warmoths.  I've finished two...now I can use plural.  :cool01:
You got WGD done? Or the Chia Strat......? :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
I use the Warmoth logos exclusively.  I'm proud of the fact that my builds are Warmoths.  I've finished two...now I can use plural.   :cool01:

Cha Cha Cha Cha Chia!

Need to do some finishing touches tomorrow, however.  WGD needs a lot of work.  I don't know if you saw my other thread, but I have to remove all the conductive paint to work with the Sustainiac.  :tard:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

Cha Cha Cha Cha Chia!

Need to do some finishing touches tomorrow, however.  WGD needs a lot of work.  I don't know if you saw my other thread, but I have to remove all the conductive paint to work with the Sustainiac.  :tard:
Cool, yep saw that......bummer... :icon_scratch:

My Warmoth body/Squier neck has a Squier decal.  I have a Warmoth decal around here somewhere but I can't find it!  I'm not going to sand off the Squier, I'll find space for both.

ognolman said:
DangerousR6 said:

I agree with this sentiment.  I'm not strongly opposed to is as long as someone isn't trying to pass it off as the genuine article.

I have bought Fender waterslide logos in the past from eBay but never applied them.  I always end up making my own or having nothing.  I used to think having nothing looked weird, but I'm changing my opinion lately.

JBD

Same, I think it looks cool with nothing on there.

Back