What's a loaded strat pickguard worth?

upnorthbacon

So I picked up a used highway one strat for dirt cheap for a fun second guitar.  I'm really liking it, but I'm not really a single coil guy.  I just swapped out the stock single coil for a dimarzio SDS-1 trying to keep the traditional look but get some heavier sound but decided it's still not quite working for me. I'm thinking of hot rodding it with EMG's (which come with jacks and new pots) and I already have some switches and wiring stuff from my last warmoth project.  I was debating ordering a new warmoth pickguard and just swapping out everything.  My question is how much would the old pickguard loaded with everything be worth?  It's an 09 Highway One SSS with the standard white pickguard?  I know if I ever sell the strat it would be better to change it back to all original but I'm not really concerned about that.  I'm just wondering if it's worth my time to sell off the Fender stuff to help offset the price of the new EMG's?

I doubt you could get enough for it to make it worth your while. Besides, it's surprising how much the original equipment is worth when you go to sell the thing. People would really rather have that than the better stuff you put on. Not sure why that is, but I've seen it over and over again.

upnorthbacon said:
Kinda what I figured, guess I'll keep it and put it with my giant box of other guitar junk  :)

The fun part is when you open it and realize there is a whole guitar in there.

knucklehead G said:
upnorthbacon said:
Kinda what I figured, guess I'll keep it and put it with my giant box of other guitar junk  :)

or at least all the hardware needed to complete 2 or more warmoths!

knucklehead G said:
upnorthbacon said:

It's funny you said that I was just looking at all my crap and I'm pretty close!

Back