Whatcha Think Joe's Playin' ?

SlingBass

What do y'all think the neck back is that Joe's playing on that Strat?  Sure looks like it could be bubinga to me  :icon_scratch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3lEqVAroX4&feature=email

when i saw this topic, I thought you were going to show this one:

I think it is wenge or all rosewood in this case :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnxvHyO10KY

Marko said:
when i saw this topic, I thought you were going to show this one:

I think it is wenge or all rosewood in this case :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnxvHyO10KY
Looks like all rosewood to me... :dontknow:

Joe is a hero
Good thread SlingBass.......at aprox. 3:10 in the CrossRoads video Steve Cropper's amp comes into view. Piqued my curiosity...Oh look  amp snobs....a red knob twin twelve Fender amp !
Sounds good here too....he must travel with it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM6MEb2xnLk

I watched Funk 49 and you'd think Joe could get some guys that actually know the song :icon_scratch:

DangerousR6 said:
In the first vid-Funnk 49, someones using a Crate V50... :headbang1:

Those would be Joe's - you'll notice him using them from time to time 
icon_wink.gif

I watched Funk 49 and you'd think Joe could get some guys that actually know the song  :icon_scratch:

Oh geez...
eusa_doh.gif

A bandmate of mine has the VC30 and I really wanna like the amp. It definately needs a re-tube but I can't convince him to do it because he says the new tubes don't have enough gain. Nevermind that he only runs his amp clean (gain on 2) and uses a stompbox for drive...  :help: And I offered him vintage Tungsrams...

My friend said she saw an improv show a while back where they had a bunch of celebrity guests come and try to do improv comedy, and Joe Walsh was there.  She says he is the poster child for the "don't do acid" campaign. 

hannaugh said:
My friend said she saw an improv show a while back where they had a bunch of celebrity guests come and try to do improv comedy, and Joe Walsh was there.  She says he is the poster child for the "don't do acid" campaign. 

That's an act he's been doing for many, many years at events like your friend attended.  It helps him stay in the public eye.  It's a longstanding joke/image that allows him to remain vital to the youth, entertainment value for interviews on radio and TV, and to perform charity work (which he's always done his fair share of)!  Think about it.  Joe couldn't remain healthy and playing at the level he has all these years IF he was a screw up.  He can turn it off/on in a NY second.  Joe's really quite a bright and savvy businessman, as well.  The Eagles were comparatively poor when Joe joined up - they needed him on several levels...even after having a number of hits.  They didn't own any of their property (songs/merchandising).  He showed them how to run their band like a business (own the rights to EVERTHING - get endorsements), and plan for the future.  He's laughing all the way to the bank when folks like your friend perpetrate the myth he's a casualty of years of drug and alcohol abuse.  Oh yeah, he's dumb......like a fox  :laughing7:

Watching Joe on Strat Pack. Sure looks like a rosewood neck. So that makes at least a couple odd necks for Joe. I don't think fender runs the one off, maybe they do. It just seems if they would make them for Joe, we would see more of them with other pros. Gut says,,,,,,,

SlingBass said:
Joe's really quite a bright and savvy businessman, as well.  The Eagles were comparatively poor when Joe joined up - they needed him on several levels...even after having a number of hits.  They didn't own any of their property (songs/merchandising).  He showed them how to run their band like a business (own the rights to EVERTHING - get endorsements), and plan for the future.  He's laughing all the way to the bank when folks like your friend perpetrate the myth he's a casualty of years of drug and alcohol abuse.  Oh yeah, he's dumb......like a fox   :laughing7:

Amen

Back