What kind of fingerboard wood to get this tone?

Wenge would be too juicy in the midrange, and pau ferro would have those "ice pick in the ear" lows.  I'm pretty sure you want bubinga, or better still a bubinga/ebony laminate.  The bubinga will give you the tight meaty punch you need and the ebony laminate will give it that "twang and thud" you can hear at 0:47.

I wonder is this is what the natives of  "Hoogie Boogie Land" look like.  :laughing7:

apparently rosewood works (Gibson or Epiphone SG is the guitar in the vid) But I heard no tone that is difficult to emulate by just about any fretboard. (this tone is toneless)

I'm pretty sure you can get that "scraping a crowbar on a tin roof" tone by using a period-correct truss rod cover and an original 1955 P-90 plastic pickup cover (dogear, of course, never soapbar). I don't think the fretboard wood matters as much.

I've always wondered what gay white ninja speed metal sounded like.  Now I wish I didn't know.

guitar_frames%20(44).jpg

The top wood may be good for that tone.

I <3 those guitars, the craftsmanship is insane

fanned fretboards are pretty wild! and that top wood! I could never wrap my head around how they actually manage that.

now, when it comes to the topic at hand...

1. never heard the guitar
2. this JUST MAY BE the absolute worst band ever
3. WHY does a band of this noisynoisynonsense style even HAVE somebody on a keyboard?! Screaming no less?
4. Where do they get off wearing these outfits?!
5. How could anyone EVER want to model themselve's after ANYTHING like this?!

nobody taught them music
nobody taught them style
nobody taught them nothin lol

Uh...no offense here or anything, but what tone?  The sound on that video sucks...got a better reference?

GearBoxTy said:
Uh...no offense here or anything, but what tone?  The sound on that video sucks...got a better reference?

Ol' Stubby is making a sarcastic joke, bloke... :icon_biggrin:

Come on guys, it should have been obvious this was a joke from the start.  NT got it and he doesn't even speak English!    :icon_jokercolor:

Back