what is white pages?

vtpcnk

i am not sure where - but sometime back i read that white pages were not full transcriptions, but rather important pieces of the song.

but today i see a "blues guitar tab white pages" which says it contains the full note to note transcription of the songs! this book is especially attractive as it contains rare songs by the likes of magic sam, otis rush, son seals etc.

appreciate any insights on this.

Not 100% sure, but I think "White Pages" relates to the white pages of a phone book...  They use it as sort of a brand name.  I'm pretty sure that it's all tabbed out.  :dontknow:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/0711991294/ref=sib_dp_ptu#reader-page

The music store I used to work at sold these...
They are printed on thin paper (like in a phone book) and cost very little "per song".
As I remember, they are full songs, with both standard notation and Tab.

Funky Phil said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/0711991294/ref=sib_dp_ptu#reader-page

The music store I used to work at sold these...
They are printed on thin paper (like in a phone book) and cost very little "per song".
As I remember, they are full songs, with both standard notation and Tab.

Ohhh!! you guys are talking about FAKE BOOKS!

Basically most good Fake books will just be a lead sheet.  One single page(sometimes two) of the entire song so you don't have to flip pages while playing.  A tempo or style will be noted in the corner, with the basic melody notated out and then simple chord changes written above.  It's basically just the skeleton of a song.

The most infamous Fake book of course is  "The Real Book", the illegal Jazz fake book that has been photocopied thousands of times.  (My copy always sits on my music stand) :)   

Unfortunatly a lot of fake books you can buy are inacurate and written in the wrong key as the popular versions.  Still, it's a good start.

heck you are right - what i heard about particular parts of songs was "fake book" and not "white pages" (i hope these two are not the same).

damn, the dream blues tab book was always there and i didn't even know about it!

how long i looked for all those songs but kept ignoring this. life ...

Back