What do you think? [I]

Wrangler

People of Warmoth:

I'm wondering how this wood combo will sound. I don't want it to sound too dark and muddy I want a nice even sounding guitar with balenced lows and highs. Anyways. . . here its is:

Mahogany back with flamed maple top. Wenge neck and Braz. Rosewood fingerboard

Hows this gonna sound guys?
I'll make a follow up post in a little for the full specs of my next build.

Thanks  :rock-on:

That's a very subjective question.

Perhaps these links will help you out  a bit; http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm

and

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=guitar_neckwoods

Around here, you'll hear that pickups will impact the sound a lot more than the wood. If you go for a darker wood combo, you will need pickups that are brighter. I guess we'll need to hear your pickup choices.

that sounds like a great combo of woods to me - -you've got nearly a classic LP thing going on - the only difference is the wenge, which I've heard is brighter than mahogany but not as brioght as maple... so, how can you go wrong with that?  It's not going to effect it that much anyway and it seems to me it can only be good.

Impossible to tell, as you don't mention what pickups/electronics you plan to use. If going HB's should sound a bit brighter than your typical Gibson with similar PU setup.

IMHO, a very 'even' tone can be had with a maple neck and basswood body. My only problem with this combo is that it lacks character... even, yes, but also a bit boring.

My current favorite wood combo is a maple neck/maple FB and mahogany body. Mahogany has more lower mids and less low end than basswood, and simply sounds more ballsy. The maple/maple neck helps balance out the high end (mahogany tends to be fairly warm/dull).

jackthehack said:
Impossible to tell, as you don't mention what pickups/electronics you plan to use. If going HB's should sound a bit brighter than your typical Gibson with similar PU setup.

Posted by: Wrangler 
Im thinking Bare Knuckle Nailbombs.

Looks like will match well, some guys reviewed that Nailbombs didn't worked for them in Les Pauls (usually metal players that scoop the mids)

Probably will have a great tone, keep us informed!

Back