What do you guys play?

On acoustic, I lean toward the Windham Hill sound - DeGrassi, Hedges, Ackerman. On electric, the more electronic the better, and my influences there are Fripp, Belew, Holdsworth, and (Jeff) Beck. And these days I'm listening to a lot of ambient (Steve Roach) and middle-eastern and south asian electronica (Niyaz, Azam Ali, Midival Punditz) and this stuff is starting to leak into my playing.

Rock, blues, folk and some vintage country like old Johnny Cash and Hank Williams.  Oh, and 18th century Bulgarian shepard chants.

Mr. Crabs said:
My favorite style is definitely Metal. it's what I work on 80 percent of the time. The rest of the time i like to take time to play and learn blues, jazz fusion shred and classical and even folk.  :guitaristgif:

Are you from over at the Dean board?

Mostly metal and bluesy style for me.

I'm in a cover band that plays Johnny Cash, Elvis, CCR, Springsteen, Dylan, etc.
I'd like to play alt.coutnry, big fan of Calexico, Richmond Fontaine, Wilco, 16 Horsepower, etc. -already found a bass player & drummer for a project doing this type of music, still looking for a 2nd guitar & singer...

I formed a new band in January, and have been giggin pretty steadily since march. we're a three piece POWER-TRIO (hahahah), all of us around 20 y.o. i play guitar/sing, our style is kinda like a (forgive me for saying this word) "modern" classic rock band. kinda like sabbathy style, but a bit more on steroids. if you wanna check out somestuff, there are a few tracks on myspace, let me know what ya'll think  :hello2:

and just by the way, i picked up my first W from the repair shop the morning of recording, and just said screw it, i dont know what it sounds like, but i' playing it the whole time anyway.

was hard to solo whilst getting used to skull/crossbone and diamond inlays  :-\

metal, rock, skynyrd, anything claypool, PanetrA, DethkloK, stuff, things, alice in chains.
guitar and bass

and Norwegian harpsichord wrestling of coarse.

rightintheface said:
I formed a new band in January, and have been giggin pretty steadily since march. we're a three piece POWER-TRIO (hahahah), all of us around 20 y.o. i play guitar/sing, our style is kinda like a (forgive me for saying this word) "modern" classic rock band. kinda like sabbathy style, but a bit more on steroids. if you wanna check out somestuff, there are a few tracks on myspace, let me know what ya'll think  :hello2:

and just by the way, i picked up my first W from the repair shop the morning of recording, and just said screw it, i dont know what it sounds like, but i' playing it the whole time anyway.

was hard to solo whilst getting used to skull/crossbone and diamond inlays  :-\
rightintheface said:
maybe it would be a good idea to actualy include the link in this post  :doh:

www.myspace.com/thehowlingtongues

enjoy

The repair shop eh?
Would that be Willyk's place then?  I've heard all about you.......Willy speaks very highly of Rightintheface.

By the way.  I like the "Feeling Sober".  it's the only one I listened to cos it's late and the missus is asleep.
I'm gonna be visiting Sydney next Feb (for a friends wedding) Ill keep and eye out for one of your gigs.  No Messin'

Good One

hahaha no it was my local shop, willy is about a 40min drive from me. i totally screwed up the wiring, so it went in to my local repairman to be completely redone.

btw, willy has a ridiculously awesome collection. i went to "pop in" and "just pick up a case". needless to say, the 5min stop over turned into much much much longer than that. he's a top bloke, ol' willy boy.

thanks for listening jim! thats probably our "fastest" kinda song. it's pretty in your face, the others a more... steady  :toothy12: "damn" was my attempt at writing a "black dog" style riff. next feb? ha! by that time you'll be buying tickets to see me at wembley  :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

all in the name of ROCK

I dont need to buy tickets for wembley.  I live about 200yards away from the stadium.  I can hear it from the front door of the flat.  Seriously yu can hear the stadium 'singing' it's awesome.  Moving in a couple of weeks though.  I'll be nearer Twickenham, (Londons big rugby stadium) loads of gigs there too.

Psychedelic Rock & Roll - North Indian (Hindustani) Classical Music

http://www.adamsteinband.com
http://www.aacm.org

Here is one of us doing a 70's cop show song (imagine huggy bear from shaft jiving down the street) called 'Nothing But My Girl'. 
Band was called Kootenay.
Recorded at uni 2001 ish

I've compressed the hell out of it and mono'd it to make it fit in the 1MB allowance.
I should point out that this is Pre-Warmoth days.  Epi LP, Laney VC30 (loosley based on a Vox AC30) and a cry baby wah.

Enjoy

And this one was recorded by myself and my mate Andy, very late at night, after an awful lot of drinkypoos. Experimenting with his electronic drum kit, Which you cant hear, and a Line6 Pod that I borrowed from work.    No vocals.

Again, compressed, and mono'd for your listening pleasure.

name that tune. 

"Psychedelic Rock & Roll - North Indian (Hindustani) Classical Music"

http://www.adamsteinband.com
http://www.aacm.org

Great stuff dude!

http://www.hidriaspacefolk.st/index.php
listen to these guys...psychedelic space rock from Finland!

somebody mentioned Steve Roach....love his stuff  Structures from Silence in incredible!

my band does mostly 60's 70's rock, blues and country covers. I myself am into progressive rock and anything spacey

Brian

Brian

Back