• Chrome

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Maple Fingerboard

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Rosewood Fingerboard

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Dcguitar

I have a mythical gold flake body, what color hardware would be best? I want bridge, tuners, and everything to match.

Also would a maple fingerboard or rosewood work best?

I hope you'll post some pics when this is assembled! I voted, but this is purely aesthetics and honestly you can't go wrong with a gold flake body, that will turn out great whatever you decide on for hardware and fretboard.

Chrome hardware. Golds look horrible when you try to mix clashing shades.
I'm partial to black nickel/cosmo black myself.

Rosewood over standard light maple.

Roasted maple, especially the cool figured stuff, is even better.

I would do black hardware and a maple neck with a black headstock. BOOM!

yeah i'm with every one else who said ebony FB and don't double up with gold h/w on a gold body, that's just tacky lol

I miss the design tools on the Warmoth site that used to let us play around with combinations like this. It would have been easy to explore these options in minutes.

I thought the new website was going to bring even better design tools to help visualize builds, but unless I just can't find it, it seems that everything useful in that regard is simply gone. I haven't even created a new account since the changeover because of this, plus the fact that the site is by far the slowest one on the modern internet. I kept hoping that these were temporary problems, glitches that would be fixed as COVID restrictions opened everything back up, but the new website remains so much worse than the old one--less searchable (e.g., you have to choose one model to search within, used to be able to search across all bodies or all necks), no design tools, really really slow.

Sorry for the tangent to this thread with a mini-rant on the website. I say all this as a big fan of Warmoth, having ordered many bodies, necks, and other parts over the past decade. The new website is such a big turnoff that I gave up even trying to find or explore available parts, my newer builds are based on other brands now. I'd happily come back with a better website (such as the old one).

Some interesting thoughts. I was originally thinking roasted maple neck and Fb, gold hardware and pearl pickguard. But I like the dark Fb, rosewood or ebony on roasted maple. If I go chrome hardware there’s more options. The original pic with a pearl pick guard looks nice, but what thoughts are there on white or cream?

The website is definitely slower, and I agree being able to shop all body styles for a specific option would be better than needing to pick a model first

Well you can look up images on google. It appears the majority are maple board and gold hardware or rosewood board and chrome hardware.

I suggest you wait until it’s in hand, determine your desired fretboard and that determines your hardware color.

Back