What bridge are we using on 7/8 Strat?

Fender.Fan

I’m putting together my second 7/8 strat, my first was a hardtail and you can find my build thread here:
(Pictures don’t work on my UW thread so I’m attaching my TDPRI thread)

What trems are we using these days on the 7/8 bodies? When I ordered it I noticed the mounting holes weren’t what I usually use. I was potentially going to use a Super Vee trem, but I’m interested in seeing what other options there are

Your pictures seem to work pasted directly to the thread the same as on TDPRI. Here is one of them.

If you have posted images hosted somewhere else such as Imgur in the past in another thread on this forum and the links are now broken, Imgur have changed some of their settings. This has meant several members' photos are no longer visible.

1688878786221.png

Last edited:
What trems are we using these days on the 7/8 bodies? When I ordered it I noticed the mounting holes weren’t what I usually use. I was potentially going to use a Super Vee trem, but I’m interested in seeing what other options there are
So, suitable options can be given, if you have already ordered the body, what mounting holes do you actually have?

Otherwise, more generic suggestions.

You have a hard tail 7/8 and plan to build another 7/8 using a tremolo. For a tremolo, you need a tremolo rout.

You can use any suitable bridge that matches the relevant available rout on the 7/8 body. If going for a Floyd Rose style, the Schaller Floyd Rose Recessed might be a good choice as it is a little shorter and to me would look more balanced size wise on a 7/8. Otherwise, I would use a Gotoh 510 if non locking.

Last edited:
Also, gotoh makes a trem bridge with narrow er string spacing if you're interested in that but uses the same form factor. Go to the gotoh website for more info.

Upon further inspection, I was looking at string spread, not the mounting holes. Silly me. I intend to do another build thread for those interested

My recommendation if he's using a trem is the gotoh with the narrow string spacing and be done with it. It works, it's elegant and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. If he doesn't I hope he posts what he got.

I’ve got the bridge covered, I originally misread the string spread as the mounting holes. (y)

Back