what binding over turquoise flake?

With the color scheme of pearloid binding and turquoise flake paint , blue shell might work for the pick guard.  Pearloid pickguard would be excellent too.  Then for the fret  markers depending on the pickguard either turquoise  dots, or pearloid super nova or split diamonds, keeping up with the sparkle theme.

Sorry, gotta throw the Satin back in the running.  :icon_biggrin:

Attachments

• satin.jpg
    satin.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 116
Anything but pearloid for the love of jerry! in't the flake flashy enough lol? P-loid binding on a flake is like putting glitter inside a kaleidoscope (so you can see more colors per color): you r just gonna hurt your eyes. trust me, i've lived it

The satin is less blingy so ... I think plain white binding would work with it maybe even black.

I tend to lean toward the obnoxious in guitars, so pearloid and gloss.  But to calm it down a tad, I'd probably toss on a solid black pickguard.

Pickguard is way more interchangeable, after all.  So if the black doesn't work, swap it out for something else.

But to take the opposite route and go full-bore obnoxious, mirrored pickguard!  :laughing7:

Mayfly said:
TBurst Std said:
Gloss, no doubt there.

Question, pickguard or no? If so, color thoughts?

I ask as binding “binds” (excuse the pun) the colors of body, fretboard, guard and hardware.

Pickguard for sure!!  the only question is - what will it be? 

but you know if the binding is peraloid, surely the pickguard must be as well...
I would say so, but sometimes pearloid works all by itself... :dontknow:
zo1rms45fqprt4hhoshs.jpg

Gloss + Flake finish + pearloid binding/pickguard doesn't look bad at all here:
2013_Fender_CS_Tele_Blue_Sparkle_-_Bass_side_01.JPG

...and that looks very restrained compared to a Tele covered in abalone pearl:
1a.jpg

My 2c?

The finish would be the highlight of the body and the binding should be subdued. Think cream or ivoroid.
As for the flake finish it should be gloss

As always, YMMV.  :dontknow:

Back