Whammy bar or digital effect?

Heft

I'm considering routing in a trem on my hybrid strat build, the other option is the virtual jeff (https://www.fomofx.com/) I wanted to get some opinions.
I see the advantage of stability with the virtual jeff as well as possible sustain. Going with a traditional bar I can get a more conventional sounding bend (the strings will change pitch at different rates) and I'll also get the springy sound that strats with trems are known for.
Is there anything I'm missing?
What are your thoughts.
Thanks,
Heft.

Personally, I would go with a traditional trem, but the effect one looks cool. Also there is the whammy pedal.

Also, you gotta make sure the digital bar pedal integrates/is compatible with your gear.

A “digital whammy” while it impersonates a vibrato actually sounds different when used. Lookup David Gilmour Live at Dansk and early on you will see both in play.

It’s not a situation of 1 tool replacing another. View them as 2 tools doing roughly the same job, but obviously (tonally) different.

The Virtual Jeff, and the Bigbsy pedal are different than a Digitech Whammy. They are deisgned to mimic the tradiaonal whammy bar in behavior and range. But, I haven't really tried one to compare.

Back