Wenge body anyone?

lafromla1

Has anyone built a tele or strat using a Wenge body?  I am thinking of doing a Thinline Tele (dual P-90's) with a Rosewood top and a Wenge body and was curious if anyone had done this.  I am thinking Wenge as it is pretty neutral as far as warmth/brightness.

If so, how does it sound?  Did you put any finish on it?

Wenge is pretty middy/punchy in terms of tone, but pretty heavy also, so a thinline is about all I would ever want to make out of wenge.  I think it would be pretty cool.

there was a bass, VIP and I think an LP so far..
I can't remember a strat or tele made out of Wenge, except in my fantasy

lafromla1 said:
Has anyone built a tele or strat using a Wenge body?  I am thinking of doing a Thinline Tele (dual P-90's) with a Rosewood top and a Wenge body and was curious if anyone had done this.  I am thinking Wenge as it is pretty neutral as far as warmth/brightness.

If so, how does it sound?  Did you put any finish on it?
    I would do a Padouk core with a Wenge top, and have NO finish at all.

ash back/wenge top, in the final stages of  prep/finishing. will have Keystone pickups
front2G_0926.jpg

There's an all wenge VIP around here, with soundclips! Check if it's still in the gallery.

There was a all wenge 7 string around here somewhere too if I remember correctly. I remember him saying it was like carrying a brick around on his shoulder, but sounded heavenly  :icon_thumright:

Back