Washed Blue Les Paul: "From the Heart"

Chriscross

• I finally received my Les Paul from a local luthier, and I am just absolutely amazed. I don't think I've ever played a Les Paul that's made me feel so good as this beauty, and believe me, I've played Les Paul's from Epiphone all the way up to top class Gibson Custom Shops. This guitar really has it all! A little finishing touch I added to really make this guitar special is a custom trussrod cover. It reads "From the Heart", and it's a little play on words, since my last name translated to English is "heart." It also reflects my belief that true music comes "from the heart." Now here are the specs!

Body:​
    • Solid Mahogany Body with Flame Maple Top
    • Washed Blue Dye/Clear Finish
    • Ivoroid Binding
    • WCR Crossroads/Darkburst Pickups
    • Push-pull Volume Pots to Split the Humbuckers
    • Schaller Strap Locks

Neck:
    • Indian Rosewood Neck and Fretboard
    • SS 6105 Frets
    • Compound Radius
    • Pearloid Trapezoid Inlays
    • '59 Roundback contour
    • Schaller Locking Tuners
    • Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL
    • Custom Trussrod Cover

5772194615_5b35dbf64d_z.jpg

5772192973_19e8623817_z.jpg

5772738456_00113b7608_z.jpg

5772739968_75095044fa_z.jpg

5772741554_465c5767b1_z.jpg

5772202829_d79dc9f61c_z.jpg

5772201065_fba4f7bb64_z.jpg

Since when does Applesauce translate into "Heart?"  :icon_jokercolor:

But seriously, folks...

That guitar is awesome looking. One of my favorite Les Pauls.

Love the dye job, it's what I see when I bite into a York Peppermint...

If you ever get to Los Angeles, you'll have to look up Hannaugh, so you can sit around holding your (blue) guitars and grinning insanely. That's a beauty. I'm pretty sure the lads at Warmoth lifted that from a Paul Reed Smith finish called "blue jeans", but those guys are every bit as good as PRS, I'd say.

stubhead said:
If you ever get to Los Angeles, you'll have to look up Hannaugh, so you can sit around holding your (blue) guitars and grinning insanely. That's a beauty. I'm pretty sure the lads at Warmoth lifted that from a Paul Reed Smith finish called "blue jeans", but those guys are every bit as good as PRS, I'd say.
That was my first thought. And that finish is better in person, I know. Hannah's was great, the detail in the finish is hard to capture.

Thanks guys! This guitar is in fact inspired by the PRS Modern Eagle guitar, since I've always loved the finish and overall color scheme of that guitar.

PRS gave a blue one to John McLaughlin, which he promptly ditched for a $1,000 Godin because the airlines have munched up so much nice stuff for him... They gave another, similar one to Al DiMeola, except that is was a washy GREEN - totally, lustfully cool. Mr. Green Jeans? Which HE promptly ditched for his gaudy, cheeseball "rainbow" signature model. What a horrible life it must be, having to decide which company you're going to take all the freebies from. :sad1:

Wow looks great. That washed blue reminds me of an old pair of worn in jeans.

:evil4:  [size=10pt]666 posts. Very Evil [/size]  :evil4:

I just noticed another thing - unlike on a real Gibson, the strings actually go over the pickup polepieces!

:laughing8: :laughing7: :laughing3: :laughing11: :hello2: :blob7: :binkybaby: :laughing11: :laughing7: :blob7: :laughing3: :hello2: :toothy12: :laughing8: :icon_biggrin: :blob7: :cool01: :laughing7: :laughing3: :icon_tongue: :hello2: :eek:ccasion14: :confused4: :toothy12:

(Gibson-bashing - it's so EASY it's like harpoonin' babies in a playpen... there oughtta be a law....) :help:

That's just exactly how such things ought to be done.  I'm not a LP guy, but this one has me swooning.

:hello2:

Bravo. That's a gorgeous guitar, and all the details make for a stunning instrument.

Back