Warmoth's 1-3/4" nut string spacing

Never measured, but it is bigger.  Like riding down a nice fat highway with the top down, and 1 7/8 is even roomier.  Good if you have fat fingers or originally learned on a classic.

rick2 said:
Never measured, but it is bigger.  Like riding down a nice fat highway with the top down, and 1 7/8 is even roomier.  Good if you have fat fingers or originally learned on a classic.

Thanks Rick. This is a dumb question; but I assume the 1-3/4" string spacing is noticeably more spread out than their 1-11/16" yeah?

Ghostnote said:
rick2 said:

Thanks Rick. This is a dumb question; but I assume the 1-3/4" string spacing is noticeably more spread out than their 1-11/16" yeah?

Yes. I never get Warmoth nuts, so I can't give exact measurements, but there is a certain ratio that gets wider as the nut width increase.

0673_detail.gif

You can pretty much have the string spacing anywhere you want it if you cut your own nut (or have someone else do it). Some folks (myself included) like a wider neck with narrower string spacing, so the end strings are farther away from the edge of the fretboard. Warren DeMartini did this to the extreme, except with a 1-7/8" wide nut...

Back