Warmoth Spalt Maple Strat Completed

You can also try the DiMarzio Cruiser. Many people love this pickup because of Andy Timmons. He's using the bridge version in the middle & neck postions in his two Ibanez models, one of them has mahogany body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmOaDfYtfRA

fibredrive said:
mullyman / dangerousr6 - hey guys, thanks for looking. yep yep am lovin every minute of it. only gripe is i don't think very much of the JB Jr, and i wish i had a black classic stack plus!! argh. but nevermind, looking at the specs, i think i am going to change to a vintage rails middle and cool rails neck. let me know if you've had any experience with these! not really looking for a classic strat tone (i mean c'mon, my strat body is mahogany here...hehe). but definitely something different from my les paul sound, which is really meant for some heavy rhythm work....

Yeah, mahogany can be muddy sounding with a Strat body. You may have to do some searching for a pup that satisfies you. Sorry, I have no experience with the ones you listed. But hey, half the fun of this is trying out different pups etc... Too bad there isn't some system where these pup makers could send you some different ones to try out before you decide. But yeah, dude, that guitar looks NIIIIIIIICE!!! I know how much better mine looks in person compared to the photos and I have a suspicion that yours does too, and those are some good pictures. I bet that thing just about makes your mouth water just looking at it.
MULLY

That body is off the charts, congrats.  Was it a showcase piece?  And let's hear a clip!

hey mully, many thanks for the suggestion. I kinda put off dimarzio prematurely cos i thought they were more metal sounding. but after seeing andy timmons in action, and re-listening to some of my fav paul gilbert tracks, plus some quick research on the net, i placed an order for a Fast Track 1 and  a Chopper! probably Fast Track in the neck and chopper for the mid. like you said, its all part of the fun. will still order my SD Cool rails and vintage rails to play around and see what i like best. heh.

DBW - thanks dude! yep it was a showcase piece. came this close to custom ordering when i spotted this block o' wood. heh. i would love to do some soundclips, but alas, my dimarzios are probably only arriving next week! will post up a little doodle after that! cheers

fibredrive said:
hey mully, many thanks for the suggestion. I kinda put off dimarzio prematurely cos i thought they were more metal sounding. but after seeing andy timmons in action, and re-listening to some of my fav paul gilbert tracks, plus some quick research on the net, i placed an order for a Fast Track 1 and  a Chopper! probably Fast Track in the neck and chopper for the mid. like you said, its all part of the fun. will still order my SD Cool rails and vintage rails to play around and see what i like best. heh.

DBW - thanks dude! yep it was a showcase piece. came this close to custom ordering when i spotted this block o' wood. heh. i would love to do some soundclips, but alas, my dimarzios are probably only arriving next week! will post up a little doodle after that! cheers

Cool. You know, I'm pretty sure that DiMarzio has sound clips at their site too. Of course the clips are of people like Paul Gilbert etc... that never miss a note and have the best equipment in the world but hey, it's better than nothing. hehe!! I think you'll like the Fast Track though.

As for spotting that "block of wood" you sure spotted a good one. I'm sorry to go on about it again but I can't say enough good things about how beautiful that guitar is.
MULLY

unfortunately, 8th street music is currently relocating their warehouse (i didn't know). so my shipment had been delayed. now why did i bother with the "expedited shipping" option??? argh!!!! looks like dimarzios gotta wait a bit. shoulda gone with musiciansfriend or something...

yeah, i keep looking at it myself too...better start playing it...keke.

Nice Spalt, Change the middle pickup and it will be one sweet axe  :headbang:

Tempest said:
I actually really dig the white pup in the middle. Sweet guitar man.

Yeah, I'm not put off by it either. Gives it some contrast. I don't think it looks bad at all.
MULLY
gorgeous....or did I already say that?

fibredrive said:
hmm, a little muddy to me. might swap it with a hot stack stk-s2...but not so soon. heh.
I'd wait for Duncans new pickup-just recently introduced at NAMM- the "Classic Hot Stack Plus" to hit the streets. Should be the answer to the nois;ess hot bridge pickup blues.

rounce55 - thanks for the compliment dude!

mully - once i get my dimarzios installed, i'll post up another pic and see if looks much better with all black pups! i hope it does actually...hmmm...heh.

jerryjg
- thanks for the recommendation. will check it out once it arrives (if ever) on our shores. right now, am still waiting for my dimarzios. argh!! wassup with shipping man...

Guitar Center here. Dimarzio must be on vacation, or still hung over from New Years. I ordered mine mid or early January.

ok the dimarzios finally arrived!  :headbang1:
check out the updated pic on the 1st post. really liking the new pups alot more, thicker and juicier! heh. realized i am not much for a classic strat sound afterall....:)

Good for you!
I got my PAF 36th yesterday, too. My family left for dinner when I was at my gf's house, so I got back home and coped with myfamilyleftmebehind syndrome by wiring the thing up with the strings still on. :p There's a humming that goes away when I touch any metal part, though. Any ideas? (sorry for the hijack)

Back