Warmoth Pro Neck construction

imminentG

It is my understanding that because of the way the pro neck is made, you can't get one with a skunk stripe.

It is also my understanding that you can only scallop a pro neck.

Does this mean that you can't ever get a half scalloped neck with a skunk stripe? If there was some way around it all, I'd really love to hear it.

Anybody?
:sad1:
Gregg?

Buy whatever neck you really want and then get it scalloped locally? That's all I can suggest.

If Warmoth only scallops their pro necks, I'm sure that it's for a reason... I'm not sure I would try it...

hi, I 1/2 scalloped this marmoth vintage modern and had no problems at all, I believe the fretboard is not as thick on the vintage modern/ vintage and that is why they won't scallope them but not sure.

yeah, it does weird things to the side dots when you scallop a smaller fretboard... hopefully that's the only reason warmoth won't do it...

Not to change the subject, but I like the idea of scalloping only half the neck (frets 12 - 22). It makes more sense because those are the frets that are the most difficult to get a "grip" on the string. I really see no purpose of scalloping the entire neck (although Blackmore and Malmsteen would obviously disagree with me)...

You don't have to actually fret the note - just press down on it gently.

It gives access to a wider spectrum of sounds:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raxvU9-yxL4[/youtube]

And it also makes playing fast easier.

Yngwie says that scalloping makes playing fast "more difficult".  He says he does it because it gives him more control over the string, not for speed...

It makes pretty much every aspect of playing more difficult, but teaches/forces you to press more lightly(correctly) and gives you better control over vibrato and bends.

Ah, well there it is, then. I've only read about it...I haven't actually tried it. That's interesting, though.

callaway said:
That video was cool. The ultimate sitar simulator!

Sounds cool indeed, not sure where those sympathetic string sounds are coming from though, the video isn't very clear but I don't see any extra strings...

You have to have a light touch.

It is easy to bend them sharp with too much pressure when playing chords.

Back