Warmoth Musicmaster

Laika

My take on the Musicmaster-style guitar.

Was more work than I thought but learned a bit in the process. 

gbJJQ0n.jpg

D6bLIAB.jpg

Stats:

Warmoth Mustang Alder Body
Warmoth Roasted Maple Neck
Sperzel Tuners
Light-Wind pickup set for Mustang (made by me)
DeLisle Aluminum Ferrule Block

:icon_smile:

Very nice work!  Did you finish it yourself also?  The body has a nice, warm color to it.  If you did it yourself, I'd be curious to hear what your approach was.

Very nice. :icon_thumright:
I'm assembling a Mustang too as we speak. Hopefully it'll be ready in a week or so. Waiting for just another couple of parts.
I assume you've done some routing underneath the pickguard to be able to fit the toggle switch?
You don't happen to have any build pictures of it?

Logrinn said:
Very nice. :icon_thumright:
I'm assembling a Mustang too as we speak. Hopefully it'll be ready in a week or so. Waiting for just another couple of parts.
I assume you've done some routing underneath the pickguard to be able to fit the toggle switch?
You don't happen to have any build pictures of it?

I did do some routing.  No build pics, sorry.  :-(

Bagman67 said:
Very nice work!  Did you finish it yourself also?  The body has a nice, warm color to it.  If you did it yourself, I'd be curious to hear what your approach was.

This one was just stained and finished with several coats of Tru-Oil.  I wanted it to have a rougher vibe as far as the finish to match the unfinished roasted maple neck.

:dontknow:

Laika said:
Bagman67 said:

This one was just stained and finished with several coats of Tru-Oil.  I wanted it to have a rougher vibe as far as the finish to match the unfinished roasted maple neck.

:dontknow:

Looks good. Did you also use some sort of stain, it seems quite dark for alder with just tru-oil, or is the alder roasted?

stratamania said:
Looks good. Did you also use some sort of stain, it seems quite dark for alder with just tru-oil, or is the alder roasted?

Yes, it was stained prior to the Tru-Oil.

:)

Laika said:
stratamania said:

Yes, it was stained prior to the Tru-Oil.

:)

Thanks, any information on the stain used?

Really nice guitar there. Has a nice rustic vibe. You said you wound the pickups yourself.. I have always been curious about that process. I think it would be great to find that sweet spot between hot and roled off and cool bright and bitey.  :headbang4:

Back