Warmoth Mint Green pickguard

jay4321

So I ordered a Strat body for a project some time ago, plus a mint green pickguard...just opened the box and this mint is a little green compared to others I’ve seen.

In fairness the site sample photo is reasonably accurate, but it’s harder to trust online photos especially w/o context.

So: does anybody know if these can be sun-faded out a bit, or, have any suggestions for a custom made alternative? I can’t use a stock one as I drill 2x controls.

Not a huge deal and I can use it, but I have a few weeks’ time for painting.

Also if anyone’s faded these, any warpage or shrinkage?

RJtCtcZ.jpg

It looks fine to me but of course I don't know what look you are going for. It will probably look different again when you take the plastic off it. I have not faded one of those but it perhaps would mellow a little over time as most things do.

What do you have planned for the bridge pickup?

RJtCtcZ.jpg

It’s the same with plastic off.

Sonic blue, SSL2 neck - dummy - zebra ‘59 trembucker in the bridge.

3-way switch and no middle pickup, it’s actually a junk placeholder with the magnet ripped off (pickguard Strats look wrong to me without the middle). My first guitar was a two-pickup job with no middle and not even a switch, you used the volumes for pickup selection and blended them sometimes. I had a 3-way and the dummy and thought why not?

Following a couple trades, found myself needing a surf & basic rock beater with a trem—the Gotoh 510t is my new favorite— and these are pickups I know super well. Will have some non-classic tuners on it but the neck order is possibly changing.

Anyway, a lighter white version of mint would be my ideal if it can be done without too much drama.

Also I’m not into relics but If I see one more run in my paint job I’m going to remove it with the wrong end of a hammer.

In other news my Axe 3 shows up Tuesday

jay4321 said:
Also I’m not into relics but If I see one more run in my paint job I’m going to remove it with the wrong end of a hammer.

In other news my Axe 3 shows up Tuesday
You will love the 3

It’s overkill but I recently updated my entire office/studio, Just trying for a nice 4-5 years where I don’t have to swap or replace anything

A ha, the old dummy middle pickup trick. Another way to go with the pickguard would be to have pickup covers darkened slightly so they look less white and have less contrast.

I used to have an Axe FX II, if I get around to being able to redo an office I would not mind an Axe III in my future. Congratulations on doing that.

I have a pile of mint green pickguards from various places and the Warmoth color is about the same hue as most.  There is one that is distinctively less green - almost between the cream and mint green color.  I think I got it from Dragonfire, IIRC.

I picked up my Axe FX III when they were first released.  Best guitar related purchase I've ever made.  Enjoy it!

Thanks - I looked at dragonfire but some online photos don’t seem to be much different, reading elsewhere online suggests some inconsistency with the color over the years from the suppliers. Thankfully it’s really not a big deal, but I’m going to see if the sun will help me out a little. If not, oh well.

Back