Warmoth L5S?

ABlackOrchid

What's been your experience with the Warmoth L5S? 
Are they a large body guitar or are they closer to a Les Paul size. 
Got any pictures of your L5S builds?

Thanks,
Allen

I used to think they are in the ES175 region
but now i think they are in the ES-335 region

They look to be about 13" wide. Kinda like a chubby Les Paul. Getting a case for one can be expensive as well. You'll need to order it from TKL, or be lucky enought to find one on ebay for $200 - $300. I sure wouldn't put something like that in a gig bag!

Larger than an LP. a tad smaller than an ES-335, will fit in an ES-335 case if you stuff a towel in over the body. Here's mine:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2669.0

Sounds great, never had a korina semi-hollow body before, it definitely rocks. Have another 5A flame/creambinding/mahagony body I can't make up my mind on a neck to finish up.

jackthehack said:
Have another 5A flame/creambinding/mahagony body

Uh, what?  Have you been holding out on us?!?

Pics or it doesn't exist!  Hurry, it's fading away into nonexistence!  You can only save it with pics!

dbw said:
jackthehack said:
Have another 5A flame/creambinding/mahagony body

Uh, what?  Have you been holding out on us?!?

Pics or it doesn't exist!  Hurry, it's fading away into nonexistence!  You can only save it with pics!

Haven't taken one, it's in the shop getting control holes drilled, normally I'd do that myself, but it had a factory clear gloss finish I didn't want to chance screwing up as I don't do poly... Will post when it's done.

Here's my L5s build in progress next to my Epi Sheraton II for comparison.  I always though the L5s looked rather squat on the Warmoth site, but it looks much better in RL.

L5s.jpg

the L5S looks about the same size as Epiphone Wildkat/Alleykat series, or like the similar Gretsch-guitars..? If so, it´s a bit bigger than les pauls, but not too much.

I noticed that the Warmoth L5S bodies don't have the pot/switch holes drilled. 
Will Warmoth drill the holes or does the buyer have to drill the holes?

Thanks,
Allen

GoDrex said:
Warmoth will drill those holes for you, how you want them.

Not how you want... asked on my tele to have the Vol pot 1 cm longer than the switch, the answer was "no"

NonsenseTele said:
GoDrex said:
Warmoth will drill those holes for you, how you want them.

Not how you want... asked on my tele to have the Vol pot 1 cm longer than the switch, the answer was "no"

ok well they won't do that... don't ask for weird things like that hahaha ;)

Seriously PitchShifter, that's an original concept. You said you play shoegaze kinda stuff? That's an interesting guitar there..

Back