Warmoth CTV - The Velocity

If I had the money, I'd buy one right now (one of the ones in the showcase, since you can't buy one in the builder... yet.)

Actually, if you're into straight-pull headstocks, which would look best with this body?  The strat?

What  :doh:  ........ NO TOM's  :sad:

I think the bound ones look best.

:redflag:  Need one with black binding and to be able to have a TOM or some other hard tail choices. Please  :icon_biggrin:

I like the top (as youre playingit) half, and I like the bottom half, but I don't like them  together. The horns don't seem to go together.

Look forward to being proved wrong in about 12 minutes when Updown finishes his first.

Jumble Jumble said:
Look forward to being proved wrong in about 12 minutes when Updown finishes his first.
12 minutes are up  :icon_biggrin:

I won't be getting one, so you'll have to wait for someone else.
Need to have a stocktake and sell a couple of things, before another guitar build.   

BUT .... of cause if something grabs me by the boo boo, i'll jump on it !!  :laughing7:

I would've liked the option for an SG-style control layout, (two volumes, two tones and a pickup toggle) but it looks like Strat-style controls are the only option for the moment.  I'm not intrigued enough to call in and find out if that can be done, but the upper horn makes more cosmetic sense to me now after seeing some of the bodies with masked binding.

Updown said:
Need to have a stocktake and sell a couple of things, before another guitar build.     

Yeah, I think I'm about at that place myself. I'm up to 13 Warmoths and it's getting a bit silly. Most of them sit in their cases just rotting. It's not like they're classics that are going to improve in value, so unless one sees some reasonable use there's little sense in hanging on to it, I just keep putting it off because it's always a losing proposition. Hard to get much more than $500-$800 for one no matter what you have into them, and the cost is usually $1000-$1800

looks more wolfgang and less eb/mm than the vw. maybe peavy/fender are more forgiving. anyway i sorta like it but not as much as the vw. i was a bigger fan of the mm than the wolfgang with the flat top and less skewed look. now if we can just get a new 4x2 or 3x3 small sized headstock where the strings are all parallel like the evh models rather than fanned out like the clasic 3x3

DavyDave53 said:
Oh no. 

Never say 'SG-Style control layout', say '72 Tele Custom control layout' instead.

No matter what they're called, they are no where close to same.  The LP and 72 Tele Custom and Deluxe layouts are similar, but the SG has the addition of the toggle and jack near the knobs.

That's just a positioning thing. The real hardship is that the controls interact, leaving you confused sometimes and having to guess at which adjustment is wrong.

1 volume and maybe 1 tone control, along with a pickup selector switch, is the way to go. If you have to adjust all the time because...whatever...let the controls be in a constant place so you don't have to think about them. Keep 'em close, easy and predictable.

They only interact in the middle position. Outside of that, you've got vol and tone each for rhythm and lead settings. Works nicely.

A friend of mine has actives and he's got master vol, master tone, master EX-G and master SPC. That's versatile but way more confusing,

So... throw out the middle position or live with uncertainty? Why not just get rid of half the controls so you always know where you are? Makes more sense to me. I mean, you're always adjusting anyway. May as well be adjusting the same pot all the time, rather than looking for the right one.

Cagey said:
That's just a positioning thing. The real hardship is that the controls interact, leaving you confused sometimes and having to guess at which adjustment is wrong.

1 volume and maybe 1 tone control, along with a pickup selector switch, is the way to go. If you have to adjust all the time because...whatever...let the controls be in a constant place so you don't have to think about them. Keep 'em close, easy and predictable.

No the real hardship is there are 6 strings and a whole bunch of frets and they interact. Logically, one string and maybe one fret is the way to go. Easy and predictable!  :icon_biggrin:

just use a blend pot with a pointer. and because that will certainly mess with the pickup loads use actives to keep the tones discreet to the pickup and prevent volume related tone issues...

drewfx said:
No the real hardship is there are 6 strings and a whole bunch of frets and they interact. Logically, one string and maybe one fret is the way to go. Easy and predictable!  :icon_biggrin:

You're right, of course. The frets and strings are an incredible pain in the shorts. There oughta be a law.

Beavis_uh-huh.jpg

I hate numbers! There's like... too many of them!

You CAN make it much easier on yourself by ditching the Viola half step and tuning in straight fourths. Not that people don't do amazing stuff in standard tuning every day, but .. why make it harder than it has to be?

Back