Warbird is up and flying

Warbird72

Good morning all,

Newbie to the Forum, but have been tinkering for years (with varying degrees of success).  Attached are a few shots of my latest, and thanks to Warmoth, nicest so far.

==Korina Firebird body in Sunset Orange w/ white binding
==Wenge neck with ebony board
==Gretsch electronics
==Lastly, a jolly red candy-like killswitch, just for fun

It's basically a Firebird I as if Chet Atkins got a hold of it.  In the meantime, it's been dubbed the Warbird.

Attachments

• WarBird1.jpg
    WarBird1.jpg
    692.4 KB · Views: 175
  • WarBird2.jpg
    WarBird2.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 134
rapfohl09 said:
Very cool, not enough orange guitars hanging around :icon_thumright:

^^ Fixed that for ya.  :laughing7:

Seriously, this is a cool axe, even if the one pickup does make that Firebird body look even bigger than it already is!

Thanks for the positive reviews guys. 

Suffice to say, it turned out exactly as I had hoped.  It gets a bit hairy having to wait as long as it took to get the body, but once it came I had it together in a day or two.

Korina and FilterTrons with that ebony is just a killer tone combo.  :cool01:

I like it.  It is Firebird meets Gretsch 6120.  The colour seems spot on and so is the pickguard material.

Country Firebird

Mini-humbuckers are both appropriate and fairly unique. But it also could've worked with filter-trons. Just saw a spiffy Country Gentleman on Antique Road Show last night.

Unwound G said:
I like it.  It is Firebird meets Gretsch 6120.  The colour seems spot on and so is the pickguard material.

Yes, my thoughts exactly too!  :blob7:  :blob7:  :blob7:

The Orange is near transparent giving that 6120 look, the Korina underneath is rustic enough to lean towards that cowboy Gretsch-esque look too, and the binding finishes it off well......Did it cost much to get the binding on the Firebird body?

Back