Walnut Thinline, Rosewood neck

What do you think is the difference in tone between a chambered walnut Tele + f hole and a real thinline walnut tele?

The only difference might be the control routing for all I know.  What I do know is that Callaway did a magnificent job with this instrument.  I have a question, though.  Once a build like this one (with that gorgeous walnut with clear gloss finish) is done, how do you handle getting rid of all those tiny surface scratches?  I don't really think you could call them "scratches" because they're so tiny and insignificant.  However, I'm sure there's got to be something out there to buff those out.  Any ideas out there?

Thanks for all the compliments still, folks.

I didn't have any surface scratches (and I have a very picky eye), but there are some random specks of dust, etc., visible in some of the pics. They wipe right off with a microfiber towel.

For any other light surface scratches, I would consider 2 things. First, you're going to pick it up and play it again, so you'll keep scratching it all the time. Second, if you must get them out, I'd try some auto wax... Meguiar's Gold Class would probably be my favorite.

Back